PDA

View Full Version : Fish jumping into the filter compartment in biocube

edikpok
01-29-2010, 04:57 AM
I have a 29g biocube and today was the 3rd time that a fish jumped into the filter compartment. Although I saved it (can't say the same about the poor clown that tried the same trick 2 months ago), I want to purchase or make a little guard for fish to not jump there. Where can I buy such a plastic guard ? if it is a DIY project, what plastic should I use?

Thanks!

new but handy
01-29-2010, 05:22 AM
HD leaf gaurd or egg crate

noirsphynx
01-29-2010, 05:28 AM
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200546&mode=linear

Eb0la11
01-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I got the same damn problem. This one friggen clown goby swims through the egg crate into the overflow. I could put a less porous grate in front of the egg crate but I wish the little idiot would just figure out that life isnt as good in there. Ive scooped him out at least 8 times.

Ian
01-29-2010, 10:54 PM
I had the same problem when I got mine. The solution came in 2 parts; first be careful not to fill too high or the waterfrom the front of the tank can cascade over the top of the divider into the back bypassing the filter as well as making it easy for fish to swimm into the back, second I went out and got some eggcrate from home depot and glued in a piece the was the entire width of the tank and extended up to meet with the lid. The 2 steps have ended the issue completely.

Jessie55
01-30-2010, 02:55 AM
I gave up on my watchman he has been living in the overflow for a month now and he is healthy lol

edikpok
01-30-2010, 04:18 AM
HAHAHAHAH I had a watchman living in my over flow for over 6 month. I thought he died in the tank and could not find his body. 6 month later I caught him out of the back compartment. He was alive and well. Lost his colour a little. It has been 2 months since I mangaed to catch him out and he is as beautiful as ever right now!

edikpok
01-31-2010, 07:16 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies and help. I ended up buying a piece of acrylic sheet today from HD. Now I need to figure out how to cut it an fit it in :)