PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a new Return Pump

globaldesigns
01-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Well,

My OceanRunner 6500 was getting noisy. I finally took it apart last night to clean, for the first time since setting things up. I put it back in and it was even noisier.

I have been thinking of buying something new and then keeping the old pump as a back up, just in case. I went to Golds and got a Supreme Classic Model 18. Dennis swears by them and uses them in most of his tanks.

All I can say is WOW!!!! This thing is half the size of the OceanRunner and pumps more water than it (1800GPH). Even better is this thing is almost silent and comes with a nice filter sponge that easily connects to the intake. Lastly this thing comes with 3 years warranty that Dennis will take care of.

I recommend this model of pump to anyone. I paid $200 for this unit and must say money well spent. Thanks to Dennis @ Golds. So if you are needing a new pump, take this into consideration.

Funky_Fish14
01-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Mag drives arent the MOST quiet pump out there but I have to agree, they really are a great pump! And you can beat the crud out of them, run em dry, and then still run awesome! Its like the maxi-jet of the return pump world!

es355lucille
01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
I am running two of these pumps. I got these with a system that I purchased from a Canreefer. Pretty quiet for the volume of water they are moving.......but I have nothing else to compare to.