PDA

View Full Version : desprate for help

zeddy
01-28-2010, 02:01 AM
i have dinoflaggulates real bad been trying to get help for months and cant get an answer to cure it. i am going to redo my flooring and have to move the tank so i can do what it takes then. i remove all the dinos from the rock and sand and it only take 30min to start developing again need help please

hillegom
01-28-2010, 02:28 AM
could be overfeeding and not enough water changes.
You need to keep the nitrates a phosphates down.
Can you list what you test for and the results? what fish do you have? corals? tank size?

zeddy
01-28-2010, 02:41 AM
ive been dealing with that for months now my water is perfect it is a 150gal and ive been doing 75 gal water changes every 3 days since it started

burgerchow
01-28-2010, 06:55 AM
You need a total blackout of the tank for min. of 4 days and no feedings as well. Do a 20% water change after the blackout and you should be good to go.

Leah
01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I did try the whole blackout, but it came back not right away but did come back.
I noticed that I was having a problem with it as well so this it what changed it:

Switched to a better skimmer
Raised powerheads up higher off the sand, his made a huge difference not sure why less heat maybe.
Raised light up from the surface, cut light from 12 hours down to 10
Feeding less and rehoming a few fish

Leah

zeddy
01-28-2010, 09:40 PM
thanks for the advice im going to try a blackout for 4 days and see what happens my lights are 12 inchis above the tank dont know if i should lift them higher but willing to try anythig