PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hello

ddarkz
01-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi Guys!

been on this forum for day now, god there is a lot for me to read through, trying to cramp all the info into my brain in such a short period aint easy!! but I found this hobby is gonna be a long shot for me:mrgreen:

with little knowledge of going into this hobby, Im currently planning for a 28inch wide Cylinder tank (Lionfish mainly) & 72inch long U-shape room divider tank (Other fish). both will be reef tanks with sumps, and here are the planned image below.

http://www.4fishtank.com/MV118_cylinder_1.jpg http://www.4fishtank.com/OV120%20U%201.jpg

I'd want to go all out at once instead of keep upgrading things later on, could someone help me out on a rough price? :biggrin: so far I'm waiting for a quote from Marine Aquaria for these two tanks, but I'd like to see what the folks on the forum could comment on this.

I understand the parts can be difficult to choose from, perhaps you guys could help me deciding on what brand of products I should install for these tanks?:biggrin:

Any inputs are welcomed! thank you again guys!

kien
01-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Welcome to Canreef! Those tanks are beautiful!

It sounds like this is your first saltwater tank? If so, the best advice to give someone new is to take it slow. Setting up one tank is hard work and time consuming and can be expensive! Perhaps focus on just one tank first and see how that works out for you, then work on the second one after the first one has been established.

noirsphynx
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
:welcome::n00b:
Both of those tanks are beautiful! I saw that cylinder at Josh's store before and loved it. What are the gallons of each? I can't help you with cost because there are so many options. That's something that you'll definitely have to research. I agree with kien, take it slow.

ddarkz
01-27-2010, 03:10 PM
the cylinder one is 70 gallons somewhere, I did see Josh's cylinder tank on display yesterday, too bad that one cant really fit into my areas.:cry:

the U-shape one im thinking somewhere 150-200? not too sure about this one because it needs some custom attention to it, I want the base sits low on the ground. and a taller tank, :biggrin: but then again the skimmer is pretty high, so it might be a challenge.

christyf5
01-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Welcome to Canreef!! Those cylinder tanks are pretty cool looking.:biggrin:

dsaundry
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
A big hello to you! Welcome.:BIG: