PDA

View Full Version : To Use, or Not to Use ...

Frag Freak
01-27-2010, 12:27 AM
I recently acquired a 36 gallon glass aquarium for free, but it has some damage on it.
Just wondering what people think. Is this thing going to hold all the water and rock,
or am I asking for a big mess when it breaks.

For those that cannot see the pictures, (pics coming) there is a big chunk of glass
broken off a corner but there is no leak close to it. Also, two of the corners of the
plastic border on top are cracked.

What do you think?
That is the question!

PS: In the third pic you can see some old scum behind the calking. I'm thinking that
indicates that it needs to be redone as well.!?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3281/tankdamage2.jpg

Mr.nintendo
01-27-2010, 12:29 AM
absolutely not worth the risk... that's a lot of water on your floor

Considering the time and money you put into it, a good tank is the staple start to a happy setup. I got my first tank cheap and it was older and showed some signs of weakness, ignoring this I started my tank up... two months into the build I ended up having to mad rush to move everything into a new tank because of forming cracks/ signs of weakness in the silicone

whatcaneyedo
01-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Make it a terrarium and put a snake or something in it instead.

Frag Freak
01-27-2010, 02:37 AM
I should make it know that I only plan to make this a freshwater tank. Just some lava rock for decoration and live moss - small fish.

If you dont think it's a good idea please let me know how I can fix this - cheap if possible. Otherwise it may infact turn into a turtle/other aquarium :cry:

dsaundry
01-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Make it a terrarium and put a snake or something in it instead

x2:biggrin: