PDA

View Full Version : Do you feed NLS?

Eb0la11
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here regularly feeds new life spectrum to their fish? I was considering using that as my main feeding with brine shrimp, and mysis only maybe 3 times a week? Thoughts?

Ephraim
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
i love this brand, prob the best on the market IMO. I would eat it myself if it didnt smell so bad :)

justinl
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
I feed NLS and Ocean Nutrition pellets, alternating every feeding. I feed 2-3 times a day because I have an anthias.

What kind of fish are do you have? that will determine what you should feed. Is the brine shrimp you're feeding enriched? If not, that stuff is basically water and exoskeleton.

FitoPharmer
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Love NLS, check out their website, I don't know any other brand that can claim what they claim. I know a few breeders who swear by it.
http://nlsfishfood.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=42

Ron99
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
I tend to shake it up. Morning is usually a few pellets, either NLS or ON Formula 1 and 2. Evenings are frozen mysis, sometimes with some spirulina brine mixed in as well, or ON flake (mix of formula 1 and 2) soaked in Selcon or sometimes some Rod's food or the odd bit of chopped up shrimp or scallop. I figure the fishies probably like a bit of variety in their meals just like we do :)

vaporize
01-25-2010, 08:03 PM
been feeding NLS for > 5 years now, mainly Ther-A or Marine formula. Use it on 70% of my fish's diet, 15% ocean nutrition pellets, 15% frozen (PE, hikari, frozen cyclopleeze, reef nutrition)