PDA

View Full Version : Salifert Nitrate Test Kit

christyf5
01-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Anyone that has the Salifert NO3 kit, can you tell me what kind of vial it comes with? Is it the cylindrical one or the one with the square bottom?

I just realized that it totally makes a difference in the results based on which one you use. I'm pretty sure mine came with the square bottomed one but eventually it just made it into the vial pile and I've been using a cylindrical one thinking it doesn't matter. Turns out it does.

So I might have 25ppm nitrates or I might have 5-10ppm.

tlo
01-25-2010, 02:30 AM
it's the square bottom one

christyf5
01-25-2010, 02:34 AM
LOL, typical. And here i've been feverishly doing waterchanges wondering why my nitrates won't go down (although at 5-10 I suppose there is still cause for concern) but I can live with 5-10 :wink:

Thanks for the info!! :biggrin:

PoonTang
01-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Christy, so does this mean that my nitrates are even lower too? or did we use a different kit? or whas that the phos? i cant remember.

christyf5
01-25-2010, 02:39 AM
I don't think we did nitrates, just phosphate and it was pretty low. Heck I dunno. If we did nitrates then yes, they're way lower. I don't remember which kit we used but one of them is junk as I was using it for backup and it always confirmed the salifert one. Turns out it expired in 05/06 so and I'm turfing it.

Bring some more water by the next time you're around and we can give it another try.