PDA

View Full Version : Exquisite fairy wrasse and Solar wrasse....

Leah
01-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Wondering what the chances are if I add a Exquisite Fairy wrasse into a tank with a established Solar wrasse, both are males, will they be okay in a 72 gal tank?

Thank,

Leah

Skimmerking
01-25-2010, 01:54 AM
i can't see why Leah alot of wrasses really dont care i have a flasher wrasse and a leopard wrasse they are both males

Carmen
01-25-2010, 03:08 AM
Hey Leah,
I added a Solar wrasse to my 72G housing a BlueSided Fairy Wrasse. I did get some pretty bad chasing at first...The Blue Sided chased the solar for 2 days to the point that he could not even leave the rock hiding spot. Wasn't able to eat or anything.
So I caught the blue-sided and "sumped" him for 2 days and allowed the Solar a chance to establish himself and start feeding. Upon reintroduction...I had no problems! Not even once!
Many people keep more than one type of fairy wrasse and I wouldn't hesitate to try again.:wink::biggrin:

24storm
01-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Exquisite are pretty aggressive just so you know. I have lots of wrasse in my tank and he was the most aggressive hes now gone because of aggression.

Keith

fishytime
01-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Exquisite are pretty aggressive just so you know. I have lots of wrasse in my tank and he was the most aggressive hes now gone because of aggression.

Keith

Speak of the "wrasseman" hisseff.....how many do you have Kieth?

Leah I too like a nice wrasse:wink:.....I cant speak from experience about the exquisite....but I had three fairies in my tank at one time....male hooded jumped sold the female hooded and still have the lineatus...no aggression between them....in fact they loosely grouped:wink:

24storm
01-25-2010, 04:10 AM
2 lubbocks, mystery, lineatus, female hooded ( male died) 2 ruby fairys, pencil, red coris, 6 line, bar wrasse, labouti, im sure theres more but lights are off now.

I believe you have a pair of flames at the store for me too if they came in anyway.

Thats sucks about your hooded :sad:

Keith

fishytime
01-25-2010, 04:21 AM
2 lubbocks, mystery, lineatus, female hooded ( male died) 2 ruby fairys, pencil, red coris, 6 line, bar wrasse, labouti, im sure theres more but lights are off now.

I believe you have a pair of flames at the store for me too if they came in anyway.

Thats sucks about your hooded :sad:

Keith

Four pairs!....all gorgeous and all eating.....

sorry for the jack Leah...

Leah
01-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Interesting! :biggrin:

I really wanted to put him in the 95 gal but he is in QT and has not really come out of hiding for any length of time, so I thought maybe he was just really timid and would not last to long with my Anthia, who has quite the attitude towards any newcomers. But maybe I still have a chance to put him in the 95 with a little rearranging and a lot of luck!

*Doug about this wrasse fetish, care to elaborate in a p.m. :mrgreen: :redface:
Oh and Doug one good jack deserves another. :wink:

Thanks guy's/ gals for all your help.

Leah

fishytime
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Interesting! :biggrin:

I really wanted to put him in the 95 gal but he is in QT and has not really come out of hiding for any length of time, so I thought maybe he was just really timid and would not last to long with my Anthia, who has quite the attitude towards any newcomers. But maybe I still have a chance to put him in the 95 with a little rearranging and a lot of luck!

*Doug about this wrasse fetish, care to elaborate in a p.m. :mrgreen: :redface:
Oh and Doug one good jack deserves another. :wink:

Thanks guy's/ gals for all your help.

Leah

Leah.....its not really a fetish.....more just a general admiration....if anyone has a wrasse fetish its Kieth....

Leah
01-25-2010, 12:52 PM
:sad: