PDA

View Full Version : Too good not to share: ALBERTA Judge makes unprecedented ruling....

fishoholic
01-24-2010, 09:34 PM
ALBERTA Judge makes unprecedented ruling....

EDMONTON, ALBERTA (CP) -A seven-year-old Edmonton boy was at the center of an Edmonton city courtroom drama yesterday when he
challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law
and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy alleged they had also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Edmonton Oilers, whom the boy and judge both firmly believe are not capable of beating anyone.

My friend e-mailed this to me and even though I am an oilers fan and this is pretty bad it's so true :redface:

Leah
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
That is unbelievable Laurie! Sorry about the oilers though are they doing really that bad?

fishoholic
01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
That is unbelievable Laurie! Sorry about the oilers though are they doing really that bad?

That would be an understatement :sad: Right now the oilers are in 2nd last place in the standings and we've lost the last 16 (or something close to that) games.

Zoaelite
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
AHAHAH, thanks for the laugh!

Crytone
01-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Good thing the boy's from Edmonton! If he lived in Calgary he wouldn't be safe with the Flames.

I do feel bad for all the Oilers fans lately. But the Oilers haven't been doing that great the past few years. I'm a Flames fan myself (but I keep it on the D.L. when I'm out for fear of my safety).

ABreefkpr
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
They made front page news in the Sun today. The caption say's "Autopsy of a Team".

Parker
01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Officially LAST !!

globaldesigns
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Here I thought this was real, while reading... Very good laugh. Nice one!

I am going to reword this for the Flames!

Seamazter
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Theres more violence in hockey then the kid has every seen at home im sure.

StirCrazy
01-25-2010, 07:43 PM
That would be an understatement :sad: Right now the oilers are in 2nd last place in the standings and we've lost the last 16 (or something close to that) games.

make that oficialy last now:redface:

fishoholic
01-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Here I thought this was real, while reading... Very good laugh. Nice one!

:lol: When I first read it I also thought it was real, it took me a second to get it.