PDA

View Full Version : Group order back on

Zoaelite
01-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Just a heads up to all 30+ of you that were looking for Red Mangrove pods unfortunately I'm breaking the law trying to import them and I'm also going against canreef vendor rules. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the group order has been canceled.

If your still interested in Red Mangrove pods the guys name is Brian and you can find him on Ebay, the pods themselves arn't expensive but shipping for 100 of them is $100+ dollars. They work great for nitrate reduction and look pretty cool, I will still be bringing in 100 of them for myself and might have some extras in the end but PM me if your still interested.
Again sorry for the inconvenience,
Levi

Coleus
01-23-2010, 03:55 AM
I bought mine from this guy on calgary kijiji 4 months ago, at that time he was selling me 10 for $40 as well and he is in calgary NE.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-Aquarium-filtration-RED-MANGROVE-PODS-SEEDS-W0QQAdIdZ177217699

I hope this does not break the forum rules, if it is please remove it

fencer
01-23-2010, 03:57 AM
I think Blue World has some in Edmonton

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-23-2010, 04:00 AM
I looked into this in depth a while back and its not against the law to import them if they are only pods (seeds). If they have any growth starting from the pod, then yes it is not legal.

I physically brought them across the boarder on a plane from Miami and declared them.

BlueWorldAquatic
01-23-2010, 04:05 AM
Actually you can get them without Cities if you get them in pod form. I brought in a stack a few months ago and can still do so if people want them. I actually still have about half a dozen in the store still.

Ken - BWA

Zoaelite
01-23-2010, 04:05 AM
Thank you for the info! This makes me a little less hesitant about receiving mine, now I wonder how well they will stand up to our cold.

I looked into this in depth a while back and its not against the law to import them if they are only pods (seeds). If they have any growth starting from the pod, then yes it is not legal.

I physically brought them across the boarder on a plane from Miami and declared them.

GreenSpottedPuffer
01-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Thank you for the info! This makes me a little less hesitant about receiving mine, now I wonder how well they will stand up to our cold.

Probably just fine as a pod. I lived in Florida for years and contrary to what people think, it does get cold sometimes. They will be fine short term if a little cool I think. Maybe not but there is frost once in a while in Florida and they survive fine.

Chin_Lee
01-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I've reactivated the initial thread.
http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60250