PDA

View Full Version : Fish idea

Coleus
01-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Currently I am housing in my 155 gallon tank

Salfin Tang, hippo tang, power brown tang, golden angel, clowns, damsel, six line wrasse.

I am looking for a reef safe and very active fish that is yellow or red in color. Also is it ok if i put in a sohal tang.

Thanks

edikpok
01-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Yellow Coris Wrasse :) Super fun to watch and reef safe! Also 6-line wrasse....

kien
01-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Yellow Coris Wrasse :) Super fun to watch and reef safe! Also 6-line wrasse....

He already has a 6-line wrasse :-)

I would vote for a flame angel. They are hit and miss and you take your chances with them but they are about as reef safe as your golden anglefish :-)

Hawaiian Flame wrasses are reef safe and quite striking. I think a LFS is about to get a shipment in ;-)

fishoholic
01-22-2010, 04:13 AM
A 155g is to small for a sohal and with the other tangs you already have, it would be a bad idea to add one. Sohal's are known to be very aggressive and even more so the smaller the tank is. I know a few people on here who thought my 230g would be way to small for a sohal. I did a lot of reading and the recommended tank size for a sohal on average was 400g. I got lucky and my sohal isn't very aggressive, and seems to be ok in my 230g, however if my tank was any smaller I wouldn't of bought one.

Yellow coris wrasses and flame angels are very nice, they get my vote.

bvlester
01-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Flame angle gets my vote as they are for ever on the move and entertaining but they need alots of algae to grase on as they go around the tank they are constintly nibbling on it. Over time they would eradicate a HA problem in smaller tanks. Marshal islands FA are a bit redder but as for them being reef safe they are all hit and miss a potters angle is about as reef safe as it gets. With any of these small angles if there is not enough algae they will pick on the corals they have to eat and they eat alot. If you can get a male and female you can keep them in the same tank other wise I would not. one pygmy angle that you can have more than one in the same tank is the (yellow fin, pacific pygmy angle or blue velvet angle) same fish different name.

Bill

Coleus
01-22-2010, 05:41 AM
I want a flame angel but afraid it will kill my golden angel