PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my Acans fed up

Skimmerking
01-21-2010, 03:02 PM
What are people using to feed since i have been home, on the 15th i have been feeding them everynight. Tammy was feeding them 2 per week and it wasnt enough and ended up looking my nice pink and white superman colony :sad: that I got from Kevin. and 4 other ones and another 4 are badly dying. I Havent been seeing any response to them taking any food the lobo's, micromussa's and other brains tat i have are eating like crazy.

Im ready to pack it in and go to a small cube tank like a 24x24x20 and just have some softies and make the 150 gal a fresh water for some Oscars or even discus.

Oh ya Im spot feeding cyclopeeze and flake all mashed up

lorenz0
01-21-2010, 03:39 PM
where do you have them placed in the tank. to be honest with you, i can't remember the last time i fed mine. but i do dose oyster feast and roti feast twice a week an hour after lights go out

lastlight
01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Im ready to pack it in and go to a small cube tank like a 24x24x20

Hang in there Mike I don't know anything about acans but you've had skimmers bigger than that. Maybe being back home will help bring the tank back.

Skimmerking
01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
i have 3 250's over the tank , its not the light. i have been feeding every night

lastlight
01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Well your skimmer wasn't really working. After reading your other thread I was like...ahah!

JMes
01-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Are your Acans bleaching white or is the flesh falling off? There could be a couple of reasons your acans aren't looking good. Fish picking at them,high flow,sand getting on the tissue and irritating them,Eunicid worm,Zeo tank,low DKH. If you feel it's none of these than it would change coral placement. Acan Lords should be nice and puffy during the day.

Send me your address in pm. I will send you some special Coral food tomorrow and instructions how to use it. You can feed your Acans during the day or night with it. Trust me,it works.:wink:

Skimmerking
01-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow thanks man i really apprecaite that

Delphinus
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
What fish you have in there? I had very poor luck with Acans until I moved them into my carpet tank which has no fish other than the clowns who are total retards and never leave their carpet. In the absence of fish pestering them they have bounced back and then some. If I wait until 1am the feeders are enormous and I can feed each head some fairly sizeable chunks of food like 2-3 PE mysis or flake food or whatever I have on hand.

So it could be a livestock incompatibility issue as well. Just something to think about..

JMes I'm curious about this magical fish food of yours. Any info you can share please?

And hang in there Mike, it'll get better. Tanks always need their primary dudes or dudettes around .. now that you're back it will bounce back. Especially now that you have the little skimmer dots figured out. Also, remember to take your helmet off from time to time! :p

Zoaelite
01-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I agree with Tony, the only time I have ever had problems with my Acans is when I have had Dwarf angels in my tank. Anyone in the tank seem to spend allot of time around the acans? I also had a bi-color blenny start picking at my show sized superman, I increased the amount of pellets I feed and that has stopped.
Levi

Lance
01-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Were the fish being fed enough during your absence Mike? Brains & Acans are usually some of the first corals to get picked on when fish are hungry.

Skimmerking
01-21-2010, 11:34 PM
see Lance that is weird the all of the other LPs's are great brains , micromussa, blasto's, lobo's