PDA

View Full Version : Back in the water!

Moby da Goby
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello all,

Here's I"m posting to find some frags and thought "that's rude, don't even introduce yourself first!"

A long long time ago..in a city far far way...(OK...it was only Medicine Hat :)) I had an 75 gallon FOWLR tank that ran for about 7 years. I loved that tank. Since then, we moved to Edmonton and unfortunately had to leave my tank behind. Two weeks in storage just wasn't acceptable so the new home owners agreed to take it.:sad:

5 years or so later, I was given a 29G Oceanic Biocube as a late Christmas present from the SO, knowing how much I missed my tank.

I've been doing a lot of reading on corals and nano tanks as I'm hoping to stock the 29g with some easy care corals, a couple small captive raised perculas and perhaps one or two other fish (leaning towards a green clown goby and something else).

The tank is currently percolating nicely, testing my water often and I'm quite pleased. I started off with 30 lbs of live sand and up to 15 lbs of live rock. This is the most recent pic, from about a week ago. The diatoms are gone completely and the tank has cleaned up quite a bit.
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/skrabbleproductions/DSC_6527.jpg

Good to be back!! I'm thinking I'm back at newbie status because I'm sure I've forgotten more than I remember over the last few years.

Cheerios for now!
Deanna

fishytime
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Welcome to canreef.....and welcome back to the darkside:wink:

fragman101
01-21-2010, 12:38 PM
please cal kal 780 233 1006 for types and to view, thanks

noirsphynx
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Welcome to canreef :welcome: It's nice to see another local reefer :biggrin:

I might be moving to the Hat soon.

christyf5
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Welcome to Canreef! Looks like you're off to a great start!:biggrin:

Lance
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
:welcome:

Moby da Goby
01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Darn you guys are nice! I've had several private messages with frags people are will to sell, even give away. Thanks for all the offers! I'm looking forward to building up my tank!!

Deanna