PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Network Camera to watch my reef tank?

whatcaneyedo
01-20-2010, 03:56 AM
I've been wanting to nerd my reef tank to the next level for a while by setting up a network camera so that I can view it in real time over the internet while I'm not home. I was looking at these and they look like a good enough product at an affordable price so I was just wondering if anyone else had any feedback or experience.

Pansonic BL-C111A MPEG-4 Pan/Tilt PetCam Network Camera
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Pansonic-BL-C111A-MPEG-4-Pan-Tilt-PetCam-Network-Camera_W0QQitemZ260502835784QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca72dd248

mike31154
01-20-2010, 04:09 AM
No experience with this particular item, but looking at the description in the link you provided, I assume it's just a standard digital computer cam. You could probably use an existing webcam you might have kicking around with the 'FREE Viewnetcamdotcom' software offered in the item description to provide the capability of remote video access to view your tank.

Edit: After reading more of the item description, it appears it's a little more sophisticated than a standard webcam... it has some software internal to the camera which gives it more functionality without needing a computer. Seems like it has a cell phone interface.

Veng68
01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I think Untamed may have those. Give him a PM.

Cheers,
Vic