PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Puratek RO/DI

Madreefer
01-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Well I've had an issue with this unit since the day I purchased it. Have been whining to the store that sold it to me from day one. "Don't worry we''ll look after it." That store is no longer in business. So I have been emailing the manufacturer and they responded that they would not be happy with the product either. They said that they are just the maufacturer and to give Proline Sales an email and that they might be able to help me out. I forwarded my emails to proline. It has been a week and no response. So I am posting this due to the lack of customer service. I recommend that nobody to buy this product due to POOR customer service. If they will not stand by the products which they sell than they have lost a customer. I might add that I used to own a BK Mini180 that I replaced with the Vertex Alpha Cone 250. Both great products but customer support tells alot. Between the 3 products I've spent about $2600. Lesson learned on my part. BUYER BEWARE

albert_dao
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Please PM me with your name, place of purchase and the issue.

cav~firez22
01-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Hmm, i have never had a problem with my Vertex RO/DI.

Either way, Im sure Proline will take care of the issue for you.

BWI
01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
whats wrong with it.. i'll fix the darn thing! pm or email me

burtonpj48
01-19-2010, 03:26 AM
This maybe a little off topic, but i was considering getting that unit, vertex rodi 100gpd. I was wondering if it's worth the investment. I am trying to get some more info about it. And see what ppl think about the unit who are currently using it. thanks

cav~firez22
01-19-2010, 03:30 AM
I am useing the Vertex RO/DI 100Gpd unit, and it has been flawless for me. had it in operation just over a year now.

Madreefer
01-19-2010, 04:25 AM
I am happy with this unit, sorry I never posted that in my rant. I am having some issues with it that I think are easy to fix. My problem is getting some support for the problem. Long story short, place I got it from is no longer around and the manufacturer basically told me to go after the store that I got it from. And that was after I told them the store was closed down. 7 mins after my first post I received a reply from the sales rep. Hopefully we can have this resolved.

sphelps
01-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Sounds like your problem is with the store you purchased the unit from. I had an issue with a Vertex RO but my LFS took care of it right away and I have no complaints so I'm sure Proline will help you out.

BlueTang<3
01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
i own it as well and love it when i first got it me and my plumber buddy took it al apart and re sealed the john gust fittings and well the only problem i have is the di resin housing is leaking marine aquaria the store i purchased it from awesome customer service thanks josh informed me before it leaked replacements are on the way so they are aware of that problem

Ron99
01-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Had mine running for 8 months or so and it is great. No problems at all.

Madreefer
02-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Just an update. Sent pictures of my unit to the rep. He informs me that the unit I purchased was not intended to be sold and was a store demo. So no warranty. How he come to that conclusion is beyond me. It's good that they stand behind their products. Put the blame on someone else. Good support. Well if I have a problem with the Vertex skimmer that I paid $1200 I might as well through it in the garbage. They have lost a customer and I would not recommend any Vertex product due to the customer support.

Jason McK
02-21-2010, 03:10 PM
I've had mine since boxing Day without any Issues. I also have many products that Proline is the wholesaler for and have had no issues dealing with them. IMO they have gone far beyond a wholesalers responcability for me.

J&L and many other carry Vertex, despite your LFS going out of business next time I'd call another LFS that carries the product.
But Albert is on it now so you will be well taken care of

J

Madreefer
02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I've had mine since boxing Day without any Issues. I also have many products that Proline is the wholesaler for and have had no issues dealing with them. IMO they have gone far beyond a wholesalers responcability for me.

J&L and many other carry Vertex, despite your LFS going out of business next time I'd call another LFS that carries the product.
But Albert is on it now so you will be well taken care of

J

I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended I talk to Jeff at J&L. I'm sorry but it's not Jeff's problem to deal with since it was bought elsewhere. As for Albert being on it and taking care of it...... he's the rep that told me it was a store demo so no warranty. How he figures that I don't know.

Jason McK
02-21-2010, 03:42 PM
What is the problem, Maybe Vertex Owners here on canreef can help

BlueTang<3
02-21-2010, 03:57 PM
i am wondering the same thing other than a few minor leaks i have had mine up for 5 months problem free

Madreefer
02-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Mine has never leaked, it's great that it has a computerised back flush in it. Good design all around. The problem is the built in TDS meter. As soon as it is done making water or flushing the system the TDS meter goes up to 50ppm right away. So either the meter is plumbed in to the wrong spot on the unit or the meter is screwed. I've replaced the membrane but it has not changed. With a hand held TDS meter the water is 0ppm. I figure I should not have to own a hand held if the unit comes with one built in. I don't like buying things that do not work properly or half assed. My only compaint is that i'm not getting any help from the manufacturer. And when the rep tells me that it was a store demo and so no warranty, well thats not good support. I will send pics of the labeling. Very cheesy as they were put on with scotch tape. To me it looks like some kind of welfare peice of crap that I wasted $500 on

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/gulflube/rounit001.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/gulflube/ROunit002.jpg

BlueTang<3
02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
i see the problem already
tds meter plugs into the t on the di resin housing

BlueTang<3
02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy171/bluetang3/DSCF1102.jpg

Madreefer
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks! My tee that the TDS meter is plugged in to is between the outlet of the membrane and the inlet to the DI resin cannister. So to change it to the outlet of the di cannister i would have to replace the tee from membrane outlet with a union and put a tee with threads from outlet of DI cannister. Do your fittings screw in to the cannisters? If not, is there such a fitting with male threads on the john guest fittings?

albert_dao
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure how to be clearer on this, but you do NOT have a retail model. The unit in your possession is manufacturer's tester model that was originally sold with the intention of STORE-ONLY use (where the little nitty gritties would not matter). As it stands, even if I sent you a new computer, it would do the same thing as the unit is not plumbed properly to the requirements of the computer.

Edit: Also, please remove the membrane casing and take a snap of that.

Madreefer
02-21-2010, 10:41 PM
So how do I plumb it so that it works correctly? And where would I get such a fitting as described in an earlier post? So if this was for store use only than I should'nt have paid the price I did for it and how do you figure that it was intended for store use only? You are in Calgary but the store I bought it from is in the lower mainland. The store I bought it from has come across this thread and said that he was happy that you were taking care of me, so I would assume that he did not know it was for store use only. Either way I feel that I got screwed. If it was for store use only would the store be told "too bad so sad no warranty"? I would assume that you would stand by the product and replace it just to help in future sales.

BlueTang<3
02-21-2010, 10:54 PM
now that i cant help u with a plumbing store with have a 1/4 " tee i would imagine i can take better pictures of how my lines are run but other than than that i am no plumber and dont have much history with these products

albert_dao
02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm in Richmond.

Look, that unit is, for all intents and purposes, not a retail product and was not meant to be sold as such or sold at all. I can't service something that isn't to spec with the final consumer item.

I understand that this is a frustrating situation for you, but please understand that there is no place anywhere that Vertex has authorized the sale or warranty of a tester product to a retail customer. The product should not have left the original place of purchase in the first place.

Madreefer
02-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Ok, I got it. I got screwed again. I actually liked dealing with the smaller stores 'cause I like the customer service better.. Lesson learned I guess. Twice now I have been burnt by the small stores. So Albert what do you suggest for me to do to get this unit to work correctly? As in plumbing the TDS plug in on the DI container outlet.

albert_dao
02-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok, I got it. I got screwed again. I actually liked dealing with the smaller stores 'cause I like the customer service better.. Lesson learned I guess. Twice now I have been burnt by the small stores. So Albert what do you suggest for me to do to get this unit to work correctly? As in plumbing the TDS plug in on the DI container outlet.

Can you take a picture of the underside of the unit with the canisters removed? You can email them to me at albert@prolineaquatics.com

Madreefer
02-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Just to let anyone who is interested in this product know....... If you have read this thread, that this unit has been working good other than the TDS meter not reading properly. It's obvious that I should not have been sold this unit as it was for testing purposes only. So I got screwed. I have been in contact with the rep and he is trying to help me out. So I just wanted to say sorry to the rep for the public bashing of the RO unit and the reps. I just could'nt accept that I got screwed by the store I got it from.