PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vortech MP40W

globaldesigns
01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
When you set the program on the Vortech for short or long pulse, and say you change it to reef or lagoon. If you put it back to the previous short or long pulse you set, how do you initiate the programmed settings? or do you have to reset it again?

Thanks for the info.

FlamesFan
01-18-2010, 11:44 PM
When you set the program on the Vortech for short or long pulse, and say you change it to reef or lagoon. If you put it back to the previous short or long pulse you set, how do you initiate the programmed settings? or do you have to reset it again?

Thanks for the info.

If it's like my MP10, which im sure it is because both controllers are the same, then if you switch back to the pulse mode you need to reset your pulse settings.

Honestly though you will find you will eventually leave it on one setting. I use reefcrest. The pulse modes make great waves in the tank, but on the down side the pump runs noisey and the tank starts splashing around in the overflow.

Most people run either reef crest or lagoon mode.

mike31154
01-19-2010, 12:33 AM
You can save the 'wave' in both Short & Long Pulse mode by holding the Set button until the LED flashes green/white when you're done dialing it in. I can't honestly say that it will retain that setting if you switch to another mode, I'll have to try it. I run my two in Long Pulse mode (Master/Slave, anti-synch) and have saved the setting. I do know that the setting is retained if I unplug the Master. The Slave also remembers that it is in Anti-Synch after I power it down and back up again. The master shows the correct 'Salmon' colour LED when ramped up and a Green LED when at idle. I'm fairly certain the Green means the setting is saved.

I have the long pulses at about 10 seconds up to 80% power. It does not make a surface wave at that setting, but the flow in the tank alternates nicely with the two anti-synchronized.

Piscez
01-19-2010, 12:40 AM
With my MP40W I always have to reset it when leaving the long or short pulse mode when returning to those modes

burgerchow
01-19-2010, 02:07 AM
with my mp40s, I just push the set button to start the pulsing again. I think it retains the cycle, but you might have to adjust the velocity again. I run my 2 vortechs opposing each other in a 4 foot 120 and get pretty good wave action.