PDA

View Full Version : New Refugiem help

boots
01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone
so i am setting up my first refugiem and have a few questions about stocking .what should i put in it besides macro.i have read that red mangrovs are a good choice.but what about some corel options.i am only running t5 bulbs over a 33 gallon refugiem ,my sump is 40 gallons and my dt is 180.

Eyford01
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Besides the chaeto I also keep a couple pieces of extra LR and about an inch or two live rock rubble for pod production, another possibility is a deep sand bed that could produce pods and help reduce nitrate

mark
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Why are you adding a fuge? Might guide on what to put in.

I running mine for nutrient control so mostly Chaeto though there is some LR in it more because had it left over.

boots
01-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks
yes mostly for neutrient control.
And for the other benefits of the refugiem ie. Copeo pods baby brine shrimp things that would other wise be devowerd in the dt.being that it is a new tank that will become a part of my dt and that i have added live sand to it ,i am cycleing the refugiem with a fluvel some live rock and two green chromice wich i will later add to the dt. At this time i will add my macro also and most lilkey about ten more pounds of rock.
Any suggestions of what i should or should not do would be great.