PDA

View Full Version : Hose Clamps (not the typical kind)

Eb0la11
01-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a hose clamping device for adjusting flow through a rubber tube so as to set up, say, a drip acclimatization?

I have one right now and its basically almost like a bolt that has a side channel where a knob can screw in to pinch the hose. It works wonderfully, but I cant seem to find them anywhere and Id like to get maybe 3 of them?

Anyone know what Im talking about? I looked for a picture but cant find one.

Binare
01-18-2010, 03:52 AM
I just tie airline in a knot and adjust the size of the knot for the drip rate. If that's not high tech enough you could a 3 gang adjustable airline valve. They don't cost much and can be had at any major lfs.

mike31154
01-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Try an auto parts store, NAPA or Lordco. I have two of them for my motorcycle, used to pinch off the fuel lines when removing the fuel tank. They should know what you're talking about, especially if you take the one you have with you.

Edit: Here's of photo of the one I'm talking about. Don't recall where I got them though.

http://fwswng.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pX3wXiwCg0pa5JityleoocyWsv5uZrTo7wCSnpPtZhBbNEWN t5y_gxZZOlCCsNmYjaEswBIKgFZumGXkfL4RbMannSW0Riv2q/P1010882.JPG

Ross
01-19-2010, 02:35 AM
I just tie airline in a knot and adjust the size of the knot for the drip rate...

I agree, thats the way that I've been doing it also. The "clamp" never slips.

Ross
02-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a hose clamping device for adjusting flow through a rubber tube so as to set up, say, a drip acclimatization?

I have one right now and its basically almost like a bolt that has a side channel where a knob can screw in to pinch the hose. It works wonderfully, but I cant seem to find them anywhere and Id like to get maybe 3 of them?

Anyone know what Im talking about? I looked for a picture but cant find one.

I was at ocean city yesterday, and they had a few of the clamps that you are looking for behind the counter.

I believe they were $2.99 each.