PDA

View Full Version : LTA and BTA... same tank??

doch
01-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Long story short, I tend to impulse buy. I have an LTA that just went in my tank a week ago, and then I came across an amazing purple BTA... so I put it on hold so the LFS could make sure that it's healthy before I take it home. Am I going to have problems with both in a 55gal tank? I've read mixed reviews so far... not sure what to do. The LFS has offered to take the LTA back... and give me credit for it (I am repeatedly impressed by the level of service at Blue World BTW) and I'd just have the BTA... but I kind of like the idea of having both.

What do you think?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Keeping multiple anemones is a crap shoot, especially in a smaller tank.

I have an orange BTA & a Magnifica anemone in a 120g 4' tank but their on separate rock piles and never wander (each has its own MH light over it to keep it happy).

Sometimes non-clone anemones will sting each other, even to death. Or just irritate the other anemone into moving & possibly getting sucked into a powerhead.

Things to consider. Its possible but there is an element of risk involved.

doch
01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, for those keeping track, I'm giving it a try. I guess if I need to, I'll have to turf the LTA.

no_bs
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
We have and still have both in same tank but as Anthony says sometime work, sometime not.

doch
01-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I know it's a bit of a risk... we'll see what happens. So far so good! (only a few hours mind you... lol) They are on opposite ends of the tank... hopefully it stays that way!

nanmer
01-18-2010, 02:07 AM
I would love to see a pic of your purple BTA!

The Grizz
01-18-2010, 04:00 AM
I have 2 BTA in a 155 bf one at each end and they don't move as they are happy where they are. If it doesn't work out with your's let me know, I would buy one of them as I am going into a 96" tank soon so I would have lot's of room,lol.

doch
01-18-2010, 04:57 AM
I would love to see a pic of your purple BTA!

Yeah... I was thinking I should post a pic. I'll try to remember to soon. It's a beaut! I just hope it stays nice and purple!