PDA

View Full Version : equipments for reef setup

ultreef
01-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Setting up a 120g so i'm looking for some equipments. I'll list what I plan to get so if you have something comparable/similar then i might consider it. If you got what I want, then that's even better.

LiveRocks - need another 50lbs, algae free!! $3-$3.5/lbs plz. Any region.
Sump - 40g Breeder or 54g tank or something similar. 36" length
Skimmer - Octo Xtreme 200, Octo SRO-3000, SWC Xtreme 200... something rated for 200g-250g and up.
Lighting - 2x 250w MH + T5, can be fixture or 2 quality pendent. OR 8x T5 fixture or retro with individual reflector. and the ballast(s) to go with them if you got them.
Controller - RK elite or APEX.

Some misc. stuff i'm after are reactors (2 little fish, etc), doser pump (need 3 eventually), ATO, a 400-500gph pump (QUIET and low heat transfer, ie. Eheim 1250/60) to run reactors etc.

Also looking for a single 150w MH pendant combo for my current BC29.

Eventually i'll be looking for frags so if you got some, you can also pm me name and number and i'll keep it for when I'm ready to purchase livestock. Thanks.

steve fedyk
01-17-2010, 06:13 AM
I have two 250hqi giesemann pendant for sale, both for $280. i used them on my 120 for about two+ years.

TimT
01-17-2010, 06:33 AM
I have following items for sale:
Slightly used CanReef Ca reactor with an Eheim 1060 pump. $200 for both.
Used 40gallon tank 36.5"l x 18.5"w x 16" tall for $100.
Used Neptune II controller
Used Tunze pH controller
Little Giant pump 3md high pressure - used on Ca reactor for 8 months.
Used CO2 regulator and needle valve.
various used mh fixtures and bulbs

ntotheblue
01-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I have a reef keeper that comes with an aditional power bar asking $250

aoc230
01-29-2010, 03:09 AM
make sure you get pics from this seller if your considering purchasing from him. Very shady cat, bought a controller(aqua controller 3 pro) which was only an aqua controller 3 for 475$ and was suppose to be bnib, got item to only find it in a grocery bag with rust on it, not brand new in its box and had been used. the 3 is only with the4 475$ mark brand new. three probes were suppose to be included, only came with two, used probes of coarse. this seller outright LIED and i'm still trying to get my money back. when i approached the issue the seller said " well i might have left it too close to my saltwater aquarium and it rusted". this seller is a lyer and if i were you id stay clear. Ive shipped my item back to seller and they received it on the 8th, it is now the 28th, and still no payment and im out the controller and 475$(for now). whether i get my money back or not, still a hassle and seller is still crooked. Will not refund money even when you send item back(having trouble with tracking number so paypal keeps throwing it out and seller thinks they got away with ripping me off), the only way i'd buy is if the item is 1/10th off original price in the hopes you win the lottery and seller doesn't sc@$w you over. since moderators dont do anything to shady sellers, its only fair for buyers to know what they are getting into. BUYER BEWARE.. im not just frustrated, no matter what this cat tells you, i'm out 475$ and he has signed for the controller i sent back.

good luck

I have a reef keeper that comes with an aditional power bar asking $250