PDA

View Full Version : eshopps psk skimmer psk75

saltynuts
01-16-2010, 06:12 PM
whos running one.
i have read the other posts, have the gotten any better.

ElGuappo
03-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Just took mine off the tank yesterday. it started spewing water out of the top like a volcano. just finally grew tired of its downslide. ran great for about 2 monthes then just down hill from there. ran it for about a year before removing it yesterday.

EDIT: mine is the hang on version.

bvlester
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I heard they are good as long as you clean them regularly vinigar and water run for a bit and run with just water then return to sump or HOB which ever way you decided to go. THey deen to be cleaned alittle more often but supose to work good. I clean my Aqua Medic T100 every 3 months with vinigar and water works great.

Bill

ElGuappo
03-04-2010, 09:24 PM
just cleaned it 2 weeks ago.

bvlester
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
THat is just what I have heard I do not have one. If it is spewing out the top there is a reason something aded to the tank or a spawn of some sort. even bad skimmers don't actup without a reason. a blockage some where in the skimmer that you can't see. I have a flexable tube cleaner and I can push it through the tubes so I know they are clean. I would say the return has some thing in it or a buildup of some sort. that is what I would check. I have seen alot of posts on many forums that people like these skimmers.
The joys of being layoff you can look for work from home crouse the net for fish stuff and talk on the forums.

Bill