PDA

View Full Version : My new Flame angel

fishoholic
01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Bob here are the pic.'s I promised you. He is doing well in my tank and is quite feisty for such a small fish.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/DIY%20skimmer/DSC_1886.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/DIY%20skimmer/DSC_1881.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/DIY%20skimmer/DSC_1887.jpg

Carmen
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Gorgeous little fish Laurie...I just replaced my little Flame that I lost in the move...by far one of my most favorite fish. Great color and personality! So Flashy!:biggrin:

fishoholic
01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks Carmen :biggrin: I also love the colouration of flame angels, and I'm so glad I got one. He does have a great personality, he is one of the smallest (1 to 1 and half inches) fish in my tank but he went around the whole tank yesterday letting everyone know he wasn't to be messed with :lol:

Skimmerking
01-15-2010, 11:29 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh look at the big baby:lol:

Zoaelite
01-16-2010, 01:51 AM
Gorgeous little fish Laurie...I just replaced my little Flame that I lost in the move...by far one of my most favorite fish. Great color and personality! So Flashy!:biggrin:

+1, He will make himself the boss of the tank right away here :lol: Had to let mine go after he starting eating my reef.
Levi

JOEL
01-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Nice lookin fish Laurie.

fishytime
01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Gorgeous fish Laurie.....IMO one of the most "striking" fish we have available.....I love mine even though it is the biggest jerk in the tank....wouldnt trade it for anything...

fishoholic
01-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Gorgeous fish Laurie.....IMO one of the most "striking" fish we have available.....I love mine even though it is the biggest jerk in the tank....wouldnt trade it for anything...

Thanks, right now my flame's newest fun past time is to swim in between my clownfish pair and separate the male from the female, of course the female clown tells him to get lost, but my flame takes it in stride and just slowly swims away as if to taunt them. It's pretty funny to watch and they don't actually hurt one another so I guess it's not too bad.

Stevey87
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm thinking about getting one too. They're very cute looking.

Lance
01-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Nice Flame Laurie. Hopefully he doesn't become a coral nipper, or do you have him in the FOWLR?

fishoholic
01-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking about getting one too. They're very cute looking.

They are very cute, however they are somewhat hard to keep. Make sure you find one that is eating and looks healthy before you buy it.

Nice Flame Laurie. Hopefully he doesn't become a coral nipper, or do you have him in the FOWLR?

He is a sps nipper that's why he's now mine :biggrin: Another member had him but after he nipped his sps he decided to sell him. I did put him in the reef as my king angel would most likely kill him if I added to the fowlr. I only have lps and softies and so far he hasn't touched them.