PDA

View Full Version : wavemaker question again.

ickmagnet
01-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Sorry, I know I asked something similair before but now I'm moving into buying stage. I bought my current tank (see pic) before I knew anything about salt water. I believe it is built in China or something. Hopefully someone can recognize the brand. Anyways, it serves my purposes well but doesn't have a sump/overflow system (yes, I know I have to hide that pump somewhere).

It is 5 ft wide and approx 135 gallon. I don't know whether to get a tunze nano wavebox or a tunze 6212 wavebox.

I like the nano because it will be easier to hide but I'm worried it might not be powerful enough. Also, I'm worried that the 6212 might cause my China made tank to fall apart. Any suggestions?

Kalifornia
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I would go with the Nano wavebox , Had it on my 90 upgraded to a 180 and threw it on there just for the hell of it and it actually works pretty good , not a massive wave about 3/4 " and going to be getting another nano to put on my slave

Clay&Chey
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I got probably same specs size wise on my tank but not made in china.... I have the nano wavebox. I also have an mp20 which i plan to upgrade to an mp40 and i plan to get another mp40. I got the nano because i didnt want he huge box in my tank. Truth be told spending that much on my wave box is my only tank regret so far. I could have easily bought an mp40 and got that water moving. The nano is ok for getting a little wave from end to end but other than surface agitation it really does nothing in my tank. Nothing sways because of it and it doesn't really keep too much particulate suspended. If I'd have known how much those vortech pumps truely move back then i'd have an all vortech tank. Use your money wisely go vortech.