PDA

View Full Version : !Urgent! Cleaner Wrasse $10 - Kamloops

Kronk
01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Well dont i feel guilty...

I went into JLs today and bought some snails and a couple fish including a cleaner wrasse. I didn't realize and wasn't informed of there specialized diet, they feed EXCLUSIVELY on small parasites on other fish. He will starve in my tank as I don't have enough for him to feed on. I have a ton of pods so if he takes to them he might be OK but I would rather someone with a larger tank with several fish takes him instead of risking it. Also according to google searches it appears that they are becoming endangered in the wild so may be getting rare.

I would rather a trade of some frags or a small fish than the $10.

Thanks,
Ken

Skimmerking
01-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Contact leah

wolf_bluejay
01-08-2010, 04:31 AM
I've got a 220 gal tank with some larger fish -- I even have some frags, or can cut some up for you if you want, pretty much take your pick of the corals and I'll take a cutting.

Just let me know

Well dont i feel guilty...

I went into JLs today and bought some snails and a couple fish including a cleaner wrasse. I didn't realize and wasn't informed of there specialized diet, they feed EXCLUSIVELY on small parasites on other fish. He will starve in my tank as I don't have enough for him to feed on. I have a ton of pods so if he takes to them he might be OK but I would rather someone with a larger tank with several fish takes him instead of risking it. Also according to google searches it appears that they are becoming endangered in the wild so may be getting rare.

I would rather a trade of some frags or a small fish than the $10.

Thanks,
Ken

BlueWorldAquatic
01-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Actually The ones we get in will eat mysis. I wouldn't worry about him.

Ken

rayjay
01-08-2010, 04:54 AM
If you find one that you have a problem getting it to eat, grate up beef heart to a real fine mush and feed that to it. They love it.

Ryan
01-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Actually The ones we get in will eat mysis. I wouldn't worry about him.

Ken

X2 but I find those ones start eating scales off the other fish once the ich runs out. You gotta remove them right after the ich is gone or they stress the fish with their constant picking.

Doo
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Mine eats everything - NLS, Mysis, Nori - he eats it all!

banditpowdercoat
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
If you can hold off a couple weeks, I can take him. I come back through Kamloops Tue jan 19 in evening sometime.

Have 150g, with lots of fish he can clean

belzebuth
01-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Mine eats mysis, nori....flakes.

staceyd72
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi,

I have one for almost five years now, it eats everything I put in the tank and only bothers new additions for a day or so.

No problems here.

HTH

Kronk
01-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the input everyone... Wolf i may let him chill out in the tank for a week or so and see how he fairs.

Thanks,
Ken

Leah
01-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Is he spoken for? If not I can take him.