PDA

View Full Version : bi color blenny is a coral eater!

One_Divided
09-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Well I went to check on my tank today to find an unpleasant surprise. One of my acos and a couple of my caps are covered in mouth marks which are identicle in shape and size to the bi color blenny's mouth. I added him about 3 days ago.. I would have still been doubtful that it was him untill I saw it make some new bite marks..

Now I just need to catch the bugger.. Any ideas? I've tried taking out the cap he's on, but he just swims out right away to a little hole in a huge rock. I would take the rock out, but then I'd have to tear apart the entire tank..

Aquattro
09-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Good time to setup the 155....

Mak
09-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Yep, mines a little SPS nipper. He doesn't do it very often and hasn't caused any casualties. I think mine will be okay in the long run.

Got an old skimmer hang'n around?. That's how I caught my impossible to catch Neon Dottyback :evil: :lol: .

Quinn
09-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Mine was only nipping one coral so I moved it to the sandbed for now, which he stays away from. Maybe you could use a little piece of ABS pipe. Once he decides it's a nice place to hang out, he'll swim back to it when threatened and you can lift it out. That's what I would do, at least.