PDA

View Full Version : aiptasia eradication advice

russp
01-07-2010, 02:43 AM
my reef has been established about a year now & for about 10 months i have been watching a hitchhiker anemone grow larger & larger , I suspected it was an aiptasia but because it was the only 1 in the tank i was not worried. recently i have noticed 1then 2 then 6 baby nems appear around it so tonight i decided it was time to get rid of them. because they are on an easily removed rock i placed the rock in a pail of tank water & layed into them with the aiptasia x , when i dosed the big 1 it let out a big gush . my question is is did this fella just seed a million baby's onto this rock ? am I safe to put the rock back in the tank or what. any advice would be appreciated.

dplaskett
01-07-2010, 03:45 AM
I had a bugger of a time removing my aptasia problem in my 60 gal. It ended up every where in my tank. I bought 7 pepperment shrimp and within a month they have been all taken care of. I thought 7 shrimp was overkill but it did the job, haven't seen one in a few months.

noirsphynx
01-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Sorry, I know this is wayyyy off topic but I see you're in Acme.....I find that neat because I have a good friend there, her and her husband own the greenhouse in Acme. :biggrin:

russp
01-07-2010, 03:56 AM
hi Kerry & Sandra are good friends of mine , he stops in at our store most every morning for a gab session

noirsphynx
01-07-2010, 04:18 AM
hi Kerry & Sandra are good friends of mine , he stops in at our store most every morning for a gab session

What a small world. Next time you see Kerry tell him Dawn & Chris in Bon Accord say Hi :mrgreen: I met Kerry through Sandra as I used to be a cockatiel breeder and Sandra and I were always in contact.

StirCrazy
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
get a large needle, fill with a concentrated kalk/ro water mix, stab it into the aptasia and inject a bit into each one.

Steve