PDA

View Full Version : Jerk Sixline Wrasse

Canadian
01-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Anyone have a sixline wrasse pick at an anemone before?

I added a nice bubble tip anemone last week and over the last two days my sixline wrasse has taken to swimming by and taking pot shots at it's tentacles causing it to completely retract.

I came home today to him doing this so I caught him and have him sequestered in a specimen container for a timeout. But I'm thinking I might have to get rid of him to save the anemone.

Carmen
01-07-2010, 12:09 AM
MY God! If you ACTUALLY caught the sixline...get him out!:wink: I spent weeks trying to catch my nasty sixline! They are notorious for being darn right nasty and impossible to catch!:twised:

BC Mosaic
01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
It is not a Six Line Wrasse but a :twised:666:twised: Line Wrasse. Got rid of mine and boy was he ever p....d off when he realized he was inside a trap! Another fish they should leave in the ocean, IMHO

Canadian
01-07-2010, 02:36 AM
He's been a model citizen until now. He's never bothered any new fish additions. I like having a sixline in an SPS tank as a predator for some parasitic nasties.

With that said, I took him to the LFS and by the time I got home the anemone was fully expanded again.

I think I'm going to buy another sixline to replace this guy though. I feel like I need to have a wrasse of some sort in this tank and it's open top and rimless so I'm kind of limited for options. Hopefully his replacement will be more typical of his species and leave the anemone alone. I'd even be ok with him aggravating other fish.

Carmen
01-07-2010, 03:41 AM
A better choice that you may want to consider is a yellow canary wrasse. Not ever nasty...but still looks for the same nasty bugs! Really have loved mine and they are alwasy cruising the rockwork for bugs.