PDA

View Full Version : XM Metal Halide Bulbs

zulu_principle
09-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Anyone local tried these.

Lots of talk at MACNA and at Reefcentral.

Wendell

StirCrazy
09-19-2003, 04:47 AM
the only talk I have seen hasn't said anything usefull though :neutral:

we won't know anything about them till we get some data on how long they last instead of crap like "they f-in rock" and " they look awsome on my tank" which seams to be 9/10ths of that long thread :rolleyes:

Steve

Bryan
09-19-2003, 07:14 AM
Wendell:

I think a problem you may run into is actually getting your hands on these bulbs. As far as I know Hello Lights is the sole distributor and they won't ship international. If you have a mail box in Blaine you might be able to have them shipped, but according to their web page they won't even accept an international credit card.

Veng68
09-19-2003, 09:28 AM
That kind of Sucks :(

I guess if you make an order you have to go down to the US & buy a money order from them to pay for it.

A pain in the ass :P

Cheers,
Victor (Veng68)

Lofus
09-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Are they significantly cheaper bulbs or just "new"?

saltcreep
09-20-2003, 02:19 AM
I know Walt Smith is using them on all his coral systems in LA. He indicated to me that they are a truer blue and hold their colour longer than other bulbs they've used in the past.

StirCrazy
09-20-2003, 05:00 AM
He indicated to me that they are a truer blue and hold their colour longer than other bulbs they've used in the past.

from what I have been reading they have a very significant color change in the first month of use, would be interesting to see what they level out at and for how long. I need to buy some new bulbs so if anyone can figure out a cheep way to get these I will be a gunni pig and do some tests on them.

Steve