PDA

View Full Version : A happy couple

mws
01-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I had a rose bubble tip anemone for about 6 weeks with Percula Clown totally ignoring it. In a last few days he finally discovered it.

Now he is being quit rough on it, even biting and socking(as you can see on one of the pics) on tentacles.
Is this normal?

Other wise I was beside my self to see it for the first time, It was a moment when you realize all the hard work pays off.

Myka
01-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi! Yes, it's always a happy moment with Clowny discovers s/he's in love with nem after all! It took my True Perc a long time to go into the RBTA as well.

It is normal for the clown to be quite rough with the anemone. The clown will bite it at first to lower the anemone's stinging power so the clown can get used to it. The clown will probably stop biting it after a couple weeks or less, but will always be rough with it!

Devonious
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
It is very normal, your just lucky you don't have cinnamon clowns there super aggressive with my anemones. My clowns bite and move their anemone to a location of there standard. Fortunately anemones are hardy and can take some abuse. Your lucky that they have started to mutualize, you'll find your anemone will be healthier from the contact of your clowns mucus.

Ryan
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi! Yes, it's always a happy moment with Clowny discovers s/he's in love with nem after all! It took my True Perc a long time to go into the RBTA as well.

It is normal for the clown to be quite rough with the anemone. The clown will bite it at first to lower the anemone's stinging power so the clown can get used to it. The clown will probably stop biting it after a couple weeks or less, but will always be rough with it!

How does biting the nem lower its stinging power?