PDA

View Full Version : for sale

Troy F
09-19-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm getting out of the hobby for the time being.

For sale:

2" yellow tang

Orchid dottyback

pair of captive bred bangaii

pair of chromis

frogspawn frag

hammer frag

two acro frags

various mushrooms

various zoos

rock and equipment to follow

AJ_77
09-19-2003, 12:54 AM
Sorry to hear that, Troy. Hope we'll still see you on this board, your knowledge and helpfulness have been a real plus.

Wish I lived closer so I could come help pillage your tank. :biggrin:

Jack
09-19-2003, 01:01 AM
You're gonna miss it probably shortly after and regret it :wink:

Sorry to hear you leave the hobby.

christyf5
09-19-2003, 01:06 AM
zoos please! :cool:

At least you put "for the time being" :biggrin:

mutabaruka
09-19-2003, 03:37 AM
Sorry to hear you are getting out for now Troy. I learned from your posts when I was still a neophyte.

I would be interested in the zoos as well ....... since we both live in Nanaimo, maybe we could work something out Christy?!

I would also be interested in the hammer and frogspawn frags.

christyf5
09-19-2003, 03:39 AM
Sure thing :cool:

psuedo
09-19-2003, 04:18 AM
i would be interested in the dottyback, and the hammer frag. PM me the cost.

Bartman
09-19-2003, 05:35 AM
:eek: :question: :question: :question: :question: :eek:

Getting out of the hobby????????? Have you regained your sanity!!!?????

:shocked!: :scatter:

LostMind
09-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Can I come over to your place and take a peek at what you have to offer?

Troy F
09-20-2003, 12:11 AM
To all who've replied here and through PMs, I'm going to sort through this when I get half a moment and prioritize(sp?). I'm super busy right now and an open house for viewing isn't in the cards.

I'm not selling any of the fish, they'll be given to experienced reefers with mature systems. Sorry for any confusion. When I posted this thread I was a little flustered with my decision.

I'll respond to people as I get a few moments. Some of you have received replies but all will receive an answer as soon as possible.

Troy F
09-20-2003, 04:34 AM
Could all of you who've sent me PMs regarding livestock please resend you're original request if possible. I accidentally deleted my inbox.

In order of sent I'm going to have pick up at 12pm Saturday the 27th. Would those of you who plan on coming confirm with no obligation to buy of course. Prices will be 10 to 15 dollars. One rock of zoanthids will be $35 due to the large rock and the size of the coral (the one you gave me Deb the colony has more than tripled). For the Islanders if you're planning a visit earlier I can arrange a time with you. A blue-green colony and a pink colony are pre-sold due to a prior agreement between friends.

To add to the livestock, two fighting conches $20ea (sold)

I'll also be selling the rock possibly that day if there's interest (it's very nice rock). $2.50 per pound

All equipment will be going up for sale at this time. Will be available when all livestock is gone.

155gal RR tank 5/8" glass dual overflows drilled for 1.5" return.

Hood and stand. The hood and stand facing are solid core 3/4" oak vaneer with solid oak trim. The frame of the stand is 1.5" steel frame primed and painted. Hood wired with 2 250W Iwasaki (three months [maybe less] on bulbs) and IceCap 660 ballast.

Pumps: 2 Gen X Mak 4 pumps 1.5yrs ea. Ampmaster 3000 with high quality true union valves also 1.5yrssales pending

Precision Marine Bullet 3 skimmer (yes it's working again-thanks Brad outside hose fixed the problem)sale pending

Pinpoint pH monitor 1.5yr old probesale pending

refractometer sale pending

various powerheads including Aquaclear 5000 (quite a good mixing pump ~900gph in a powerhead)

koralin Ca Reactor with everything (tank needs to be re-tested) if you purchase reactor you get first dibs on pH monitorsale pending

Kent 60gpd HiS RO/DI with flush kit new RO and DI cartridge 1.5months approx and new Ca and micron cartridges replaced about 50gals ago.

Kent 5gal aquadoser

Various test kits

quite a few heaterssales pending

1 bucket of IO salt what I paid less the taxessale pending

1 large phospate remover Kent ditto

1 large bucket of carbon kent ditto last three no haggling

Can't think of everything right now but everything goes (sound like a damn used car salesman).

:exclaim:

Offers for complete system will get first dibs on all equipment.

ldzielak
09-20-2003, 05:54 AM
Troy sorry to read about this. When you have time, let me know what you want for the Ampmaster if its available.

Lee

EmilyB
09-20-2003, 06:57 AM
:rolleyes: No PM ???

Jumpman_23
09-20-2003, 08:41 PM
W :question: hat type of rock is it?

LostMind
09-20-2003, 09:15 PM
I'd like to stop buy next saturday and take a peek.

Congrats on the new house.

Skimmerking
09-22-2003, 02:59 PM
like to have dibs on the CA reactor with moniter

Mike
P.S
I'm going away until nov to instruct for the Military, I will ask doug to keep heads up for me if he can..

Troy F
09-22-2003, 10:45 PM
I'll also be selling the rock possibly that day if there's interest (it's very nice rock). $2.50/lb there are a few pieces that will be $7/lb (they're covered with various zoos and polyps)

All equipment will be going up for sale at this time. Will be available when all livestock is gone.

Pumps: 2 Gen X Mak 4 pumps 1.5yrs ea. Ampmaster 3000 with high quality true union valves also 1.5yrs sales pending

Precision Marine Bullet 3 skimmer (yes it's working again-thanks Brad outside hose fixed the problem) sale pending

Pinpoint pH monitor 1.5yr old probe sale pending

refractometer sale pending

koralin Ca Reactor with everything (tank needs to be re-tested) if you purchase reactor you get first dibs on pH monitor sale pending

Kent 60gpd HiS RO/DI with flush kit new RO and DI cartridge 1.5months approx and new Ca and micron cartridges replaced about 50gals ago. $175

Kent 5gal aquadoser $20

Various test kits

quite a few heaters sales pending

1 bucket of IO salt what I paid less the taxes sale pending

1 large phospate remover Kent ditto

1 large bucket of carbon kent ditto last three no haggling

155gal RR tank 5/8" glass dual overflows drilled for 1.5" return.

Hood and stand. The hood and stand facing are solid core 3/4" oak vaneer with solid oak trim. The frame of the stand is 1.5" steel frame primed and painted. Hood wired with 2 250W Iwasaki (three months [maybe less] on bulbs) and IceCap 660 ballast.

2x250W Iwasaki on EYE ballasts $350 comes with quick disconnect heavy gauge wiring, electronic timer, mogul sockets and reflectors (bulbs are three months old) $350

Icecap 660 ballast with wiring harness and two sets of the double endcaps plus electronic timer $150

55W power compact mini hood with a 6500K bulb $50

tank/stand and hood $1300 Tank was $900 and there's about $800 in material for the stand and hood before construction

Complete system: Tank, stand, hood, sump, 2 Mak 4 pumps, Ampmaster, Bullet 3, Ca Reactor, pH monitor, heaters, lighting (see above), refractometer, RO/DI 60GPD HiS water purifier $2500 There's approximately $8000 invested. If you're looking to upgrade to a highend system...

To those of you that have hardware items on hold, they'll be available when I can actually shut the system down and will depend on if the system goes in one shot. I'm leaving it up for the next 2wks.

sumpfinfishe
09-29-2003, 06:58 AM
Sorry to see you go Troy :eek: :frown:
Your knowledge and input will be greatly missed :sad:
Hope to see you back
All The Best :exclaim:

cheers, Rich