PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from J&L

Lofus
09-18-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm placing an order with J&L for delivery next week. Anyone interested in getting in on it?

Jim

Buccaneer
09-18-2003, 03:26 PM
I just emailed them in regards to SPS frags ... a positive reply would count me in ... I will let you know asap

Cheers

AJ_77
09-18-2003, 03:43 PM
What all are you getting? I could be in for a few snails/crabs, thanks for asking.

newgeek
09-18-2003, 05:44 PM
I would be in for some snails and shrimps, if thats ok?
Thanks,
Kelly

newgeek
09-18-2003, 05:45 PM
I would be in for some snails and shrimps, if thats ok?
Thanks,
Kelly

Oops, sorry about the double post .... not quite sure how that happened.

Lofus
09-18-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm looking at a tang, a couple of Percs, and some shrimp. The last group order went pretty smooth.

Let me know what your order is, I will tell J&L to group them for shipping, you place the order with J&L and they will break the costs out.

When the order arrives, I can contact everyone to come pick up thier bags.

Sound good?

AJ_77
09-18-2003, 06:24 PM
What end of town are you in?

Lofus
09-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Central South West.

Delphinus
09-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I might be in for some things too, pending availablity and stuff, so I'll give them a call today to see what they have on my wishlist (mostly snails and the like). Will post back here after I've talked to them.

Buccaneer
09-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Got email back and they expect some frags on Saturday ... will let you know

Cheers

Delphinus
09-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Ok .. um ... has anyone actually indicated to J&L that we intend to place an order yet??? Because ... welll ... how come it seems everytime I call J&L and say that "I'm putting an order in to be pooled with the pending Calgary order" they NEVER know what I'm talking about? (This is like the third time this year for me...) They must think I'm a complete idiot because I call and say "there's a Calgary order coming and I want to pool my order into it" and they're like "well this is the first I've heard of a group order." So .. um ... we are placing a group order right?? Can somebody please back me up on this one??!! :silly: :splat:

Delphinus
09-19-2003, 11:01 PM
BTW, they have no snails in until Wednesday. Alan, I didn't mention your scarlet hermits, do you still want hermits if they don't have snails?

Lofus: what I've got on the list is one linkia starfish, and three bulkheads. At the moment though they are under the impression that there is no group order so right now it's just an order for "Tony Slotboom in Calgary."

I told them that they should wait until they hear from others in Calgary (the reason I called them is so that I could arrange for payment) before sending out. Should we wait until Wednesday so we can get in on the snails? Who all wanted snails now, was it just Alan and me?? I don't want to hold up the order if anyone is in a hurry.

AJ_77
09-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Alan, I didn't mention your scarlet hermits, do you still want hermits if they don't have snails?
I will take the hermits, even if they don't have snails in before the order is due to ship. Thanks Tony.

Lofus
09-20-2003, 05:46 AM
I send an e-mail to Allen today at J&L about lumping an order together. I didn't refer to it as a group order though so in my next correspondence I will call it the "Calgary reefers' group order" for clarity.

DiscusZ
09-20-2003, 05:49 AM
What does one have to do to get in on this order? I need some hermits/crabs

Jim

Lofus
09-20-2003, 06:02 AM
By the way, Big Al's has blue legged hermits, turbo snails, cerith snails, turbin snails, and conches.

They are also carrying DT phytoplankton.

FYI. was over there this afternoon. They have nothing for fish though

DiscusZ
09-20-2003, 06:06 AM
Al's has had nothing for fish everytime I have been there in the last 3-4 weeks kind of depressing actually.

Calgary needs a few more SW stores :biggrin:

Lofus
09-23-2003, 02:24 AM
Finalizing the order today. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see that everyone is taken care of.

Cheers,

Jim

Lofus
09-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Guys,

I spoke with J&L today and I have the following people in on the order:

Newgeek
Delphinus.

Rasta, after you make the order let me know and I will confirm with J&L before shipping.

If anyone else want's in, place your order with J&L and PM me the order and your name so that I can confirm that it is in the shipment.

Shipping is for arrival Saturday morning. J&L will e-mail me the arrival time and I will let everyone know. Please pm me contact numbers and I will send you my address.

Cheers,

Jim

Delphinus
09-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Hi Lofus, just so you know, under my name there are 3 or 4 (can't remember exactly) scarlet hermits but they are actually for AJ_77.

AJ_77
09-26-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks Tony, do we know if they got their snails in (Astreas)?

Buccaneer
09-26-2003, 01:02 AM
Hey Jim ... check your PM

Cheers

Lofus
09-26-2003, 03:29 AM
Delphinus, Thanks. I was wondering if AJ was going to get left out.

Jim

Delphinus
09-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Alan, I never called them after Wednesday about the snails. Do you want me to call them still (they open after 12 our time today so it will have to be this afternoon)? The snails thing wasn't a huge deal for me I just thought I'd get a couple if someone else was getting some too.

AJ_77
09-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Equal numbers of Astreas and hermits would be ideal for me.