PDA

View Full Version : Staghorn Nursery

ScubaSteve
01-04-2010, 04:30 AM
So I have decided to try my hand at a few SPS that I picked up today (Thanks Ken!) and went looking for some specifics on the particular frags I picked up. In the process of all this looking around I found this:

http://ka.uvuvideo.org/_Waterways-Staghorn-Coral-Nursery-/VIDEO/829458/86294.html

Some of you may have seen this before but it is really cool. Imagine being able to grow your frags out in the ocean... no skimmer, reactors, lights, heaters... wow, this sounds way cheaper already!:biggrin:

Veng68
01-04-2010, 04:56 AM
That's pretty cool.

I hope more of these places are set up in Florida and other countries that have coral reefs.

I also hope that they won't be poached. I heard about another live rock grower who planted 30 tonnes of rock to be seeded. He came back 6 months later to find that 90% of his rock had been stolen.

I hope that does not happen to these corals.

Cheers,
Vic

untamed
01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
That's pretty cool.

I hope more of these places are set up in Florida and other countries that have coral reefs.

I also hope that they won't be poached. I heard about another live rock grower who planted 30 tonnes of rock to be seeded. He came back 6 months later to find that 90% of his rock had been stolen.

I hope that does not happen to these corals.

Cheers,
Vic

I don't think that really happened. There was a lot of discussion on RC about that story and I think the general conclusion was that shifting sand simply buried the LR.