PDA

View Full Version : LF Stars & stripe puffer

my2rotties
01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I am looking for a non porcupine puffer baby to add to my tank in the future. I was out and about looking at the LFs and only found a ginormous stars and stripes puffer at OC... as tempting as he is for me, I will never buy a large mature adult fish again. Does anyone know where I can find a stars and stripes puffer in the Calgary area?

bulletsworld
01-15-2010, 09:38 PM
I am looking for a non porcupine puffer baby to add to my tank in the future. I was out and about looking at the LFs and only found a ginormous stars and stripes puffer at OC... as tempting as he is for me, I will never buy a large mature adult fish again. Does anyone know where I can find a stars and stripes puffer in the Calgary area?

Big Al's had a medium sized one. Can't recall what they were asking for it. It is best to get the smallest you can, as from experiance they get big very very fast. I bought a small one last year and it out grow my 90 gal in 6 months time! Something else to keep in mind... my star stripe puffer LOVED eating my cleaner shrimps. :)

my2rotties
01-15-2010, 10:24 PM
I heard about this puffer... I decided not to go ahead with any new fish, since I don't want to risk any disease or anything. I am too broke to have any sort of disaster hit my tank right now... mind you even if I was rich, I would not want to risk my fish.

Thanks Leeanne!!!

Big Al's had a medium sized one. Can't recall what they were asking for it. It is best to get the smallest you can, as from experiance they get big very very fast. I bought a small one last year and it out grow my 90 gal in 6 months time! Something else to keep in mind... my star stripe puffer LOVED eating my cleaner shrimps. :)

banditpowdercoat
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
So I guess your keepin your tank :D

my2rotties
01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
It will stay, but we may be putting the house on the market in the summer. Hopefully the home buyer will want to commit to it. If not, it will be sold off in parts or as a whole unit. I don't even wnt to think about it.

Right now my husband now suddenly has work coming like crazy and is taking all of it. We will work 24/7 if we have to, at this point to try to hang in there. I really love where we live and hope we do not need to move back to the city:sad:

I have cut the halides down to three hours a day from eight, and am trying to keep the tanks costs down. I only run two of the three halides as well these days. I would like to add a new fish but at this point I have other things to pay for, and I have a really happy tank right now. Why cause issues.

So I guess your keepin your tank :D

fishoholic
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM
It will stay, but we may be putting the house on the market in the summer. Hopefully the home buyer will want to commit to it. If not, it will be sold off in parts or as a whole unit. I don't even wnt to think about it.

Right now my husband now suddenly has work coming like crazy and is taking all of it. We will work 24/7 if we have to, at this point to try to hang in there. I really love where we live and hope we do not need to move back to the city:sad:

I have cut the halides down to three hours a day from eight, and am trying to keep the tanks costs down. I only run two of the three halides as well these days. I would like to add a new fish but at this point I have other things to pay for, and I have a really happy tank right now. Why cause issues.

Makes sense, good luck with everything :biggrin: