PDA

View Full Version : life after a crash, rebuilding of a reef

smokinreefer
04-20-2002, 07:54 PM
well, i am back from vacation, and what can i say...my tank is not doing any better. i am afraid i will lose every piece of sps i had.

with that said, i have thought about shutting down my system completely, but...the softies are OK and all the fish are fine...some of which require the ample swimming space my present system provides.

so here's my solution...
take the 2 400W MH off, and replace with a 250W and a 175W, so i can still have clams on 1 side of the tank. the tank will become a softy/lps reef with a refugium.

because sps addiction is not something you can shake very easily, after much thought, i have decided to pull the 40 breeder out of the garage and use that with a 33 sump as a dedicated sps tank with a single 400W high kelvin MH lamp.

please feel free to voice any opinions suggestions you have...any input would be appreciated.

Darren, if you read this give me a shout...if you have time tommorrow late afternoon or night, i'd like you to swing by and see if maybe you can hold a few sps colonies/frags for me...though i would would prefer you to come over to see if you want to...the last thing i'd want is for some thing to be introduced into your tank and kill your sps too.

wish me luck!

Delphinus
04-21-2002, 03:24 AM
GOOD LUCK man...

DJ88
04-21-2002, 05:35 AM
Shao,

I'll give y aa shout. Need to run to BCIT tomorrow so I'll be kinda in your neck of the woods.

Was at the Puget Sound reef meeting today. Had some really good discussions I'll share with ya. smile.gif Cheer ya up ;)

SuperFudge
04-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Bummer Shao,

Sorry to hear that,none survived at all?

Marc.