PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution or Rant...

dsaundry
01-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Ok, I really don't believe in resolutions as 99% never keep them for very long, but here are some things I will try to do over the next year. Be more tolerant of idiot drivers who don't signal where they are going, don't get too upset when I see a driver using their cell phone instead of paying attention to the road, try to understand why ladies feel the need to put on their make-up when their driving rather than at home, try to understand why men need to read the newspaper or shave while they are driving. Simple deductive reasoning is if you are doing any of these things you aren't paying attention to your surroundings! Try to be more understanding when I go into a shop to buy something and the staff treat me like I am invisible while they talk to their friends because customers are second rate I guess, try to ignore the occasional rude waiter/waitress when I go out with my wife for a nice dinner, as it's my money that is paying their salary. Try to make sense of why a customer will come into my shop and whine at the price of their brake job, and turn around and spend $1000.00 on a stereo system or mags for their vehicle instead. Stopping not as important as looking or sounding good I guess. Trying to be more patient with my kids as for some reason they are supposed to be under more stress than when I was their age. I must have missed my stress-free teen years and skipped right over the trying to get a career in my 20's, then the ease of a messy divorce in my thirties, and a heart attack in my forties. So although I am sure I could go on for a while, I will put forth my "Be more tolerant" resolution and go on to have a great year. I will also say that while I rant I also am aware how fortunate I am to have a healthy family and a career that I love. To live in what I still believe is the greatest country in the world{no political comments please} and understand that others are a lot worse off than most of us. So reply with your rants or resolutions and vent a bit as it's good for the soul.:lol:

Leah
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Play and play hard. :lol:

Been and done a few of the things you mentioned dsaundry, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger at least the was what I have been told. :neutral:

I think I am going to go with all my obsessions and see how I finish or if I finish. :mrgreen:

mike31154
01-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Play and play hard. :lol:

Been and done a few of the things you mentioned dsaundry, but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger at least the was what I have been told. :neutral:

I think I am going to go with all my obsessions and see how I finish or if I finish. :mrgreen:

Ha, ha, yes I like that mantra. You must know of Hunter S.(?) Thompson the somewhat controversial American journalist/author. He has a good qoute, something like "being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That's why God made fast motorcycles and"... something about women too I think... Close enough. You can google the rest and get the accurate quote if you wish. Hunter may have taken the mantra a bit to the extreme though...

Myka
01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Here's mine:

~ Work towards my career ideas, so hopefully I can get the project off the ground by October 2010.
~ Do more water changes.
~ Spend less money on the reef, and put more into the savings account.
~ Quit yelling at stupid drivers. Water on a duck's back right? :lol:

JDigital
01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
~ Quit yelling at stupid drivers. :lol:

I gotta agree with this!

For me:

- Play more Golf
- Work harder to pay off debt
- Take time to enjoy the little things.

lastlight
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
fish and corals.

kien
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
fish and corals.

is that a resolution or a rant Brett? :lol:

I'm not a believer in new years resolutions but I do love a good rant and bad drivers are the top of my list too. Lots of people need to go back to driver's ed and learn how to merge, yield and use traffic circles :mad:

lastlight
01-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Lol you know it's BOTH.

lorenz0
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Mine:

1. quit drinking and smoking
2. work hard in school so i get into my program in the fall
3. give blood
4. make the house more presentable

Zoaelite
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Mine:

1. quit drinking and smoking
2. work hard in school so i get into my program in the fall
3. give blood
4. make the house more presentable

Mount Royal FTW! Perhaps we should focus on giving blood after you get better though ;).
Levi

lastlight
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
From the looks of things he already gave a little.

I too want to give blood and possibly bone marrow this year.

christyf5
01-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I signed up for the bone marrow registry a couple years ago. Easy as pie :biggrin:

My resolutions are to keep in touch with my friends more (I'm really lazy that way and facebook makes me even lazier). Try to cut back on the spending (my cc yells at me now :razz:) and you know the usual lose weight, get more fit bla bla bla.

Oh and get this damned kitchen reno done :razz:

Zoaelite
01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I signed up for the bone marrow registry a couple years ago. Easy as pie :biggrin:

My resolutions are to keep in touch with my friends more (I'm really lazy that way and facebook makes me even lazier). Try to cut back on the spending (my cc yells at me now :razz:) and you know the usual lose weight, get more fit bla bla bla.

Oh and get this damned kitchen reno done :razz:

Christy are you talking about when you die or to just donate? I heard it's one of the most painful things you can do so I have always been a little hesitant.

And on topic, I want to get my GPA from a 3.2 to a 3.6 this semester...
and go to the gym more...

lorenz0
01-03-2010, 03:52 AM
From the looks of things he already gave a little.

ha ha, i gave blood to the street

in all honesty i thank who ever gave that blood and anyone who ever has. Which is why this is a new years resolution for me, maybe i can return the favor and help save someone else's life