PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Quick!!!!!

cygmark
01-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Hey guys, i'm going to purchase this tank tommorow and i wanted your guys thoughts on this tank, i really dont know how good it is so any insight about if this is a good saltwater tank to get into or should i keep looking for another deal.

Here is the link

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-144-G-CORNER-AQUARIUM-PRICE-TO-SELL-ON-HOLD-UNTIL-SAT-2-10-W0QQAdIdZ172793772

If someone could take a look at this and email me asap, before tommorow at 9:00am mnt time.

I love the look but is it lacking to much to start a sw tank?

jdsaint@shaw.ca

The Grizz
01-02-2010, 03:14 AM
I saw this tank when I was looking for a new Fowler tank. I ended up getting a 75 gal corner with sump, return pump, stand canopy , a 3 bulb t5 fixture that is to long for the tank though. I think it is a good deal if it is what you are looking for. They are a little hard to clean but I like the look of them and they fit nice in any room. Just my opinion.

What it might be lacking might be a blessing as you can usually find what you need here in the way of skimmer's, light's and what ever else you need. I also check E-Bay often and have found some great deals. Both my SW tanks I bought used and then built them the way I wanted them.

burgerchow
01-02-2010, 05:21 AM
These corner tanks make beautiful furniture. Depends what you want to do with it. I've got a 55 gal corner fowlr. It's major challenge is finding lighting for it. If you're going to do full reef, you'll have to hang some kind of m/h pendant over the tank because most regular fixtures wont' fit over the top. Sure, you might be able to fit a 3 foot fixture over it's widest point which is near the front, but that leaves the back of the tank virtually unlit.
It'll make a beautiful fowlr tank, but too small for angels and tangs.

The Grizz
01-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Josh this is exactly what my tank look like but only bigger. I am looking for a 24" x 4 T5HO fixture for it, you will be able to get a fixture that will fit. but I would go with a MH pendent as well as some T5 retro fits. Depending on what you want to have for coral will depend on what you need for lighting.