PDA

View Full Version : Coral Banded Shrimp alias(Sid)

Dorkel Marine 1
09-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone. I'll try and be brief. My CBS has decided to terrorize my tube anenome. He(Sid) leaves the mushrooms alone and the colts. The only two coral at present in the tank. However I started noticing that my tube anenome was not extending like it usually did. Well today i saw a very careful Sid ease up and then strike the tube anenome. He cut off a few tentacles and then the dork couldn't eat them. My question I quess is should i move him to my other tank. This tank has a lot of soft corals. My querie is will he eat the soft corals. I've read no they don't so why on earth is he bugging a tube anenome with stinging tentacles. The tank houses 3 fish. A clown,a blenny, and a damsel. I don't think he'll bother them because presently he's in with two pajamas, two bar gobies and a six-line wrasse. So to make a long story short what do you guys think about putting him in the other tank. Moving the anenome is out. Theres not enough room. I'm very fond of Sid and if worse comes to worse I'll unload the tube anenome. Hope not. The biggest problem is if Sid is a problem I'll have a heck of a time recapturing him. Theres tons of hiding places in this tank. I suppose I could trap him because Sid is a pig. ok enough said. Sorry for the length of this post.

George :confused:

UnderWorldAquatics
09-18-2003, 12:46 AM
One explanation I can think of is that your CBS is defending his teritory and trying to rid it of a competitor for food. Tube anemones will grab all the little particles of food that your CBS would love to have all to himself.

UnderWorldAquatics
09-18-2003, 12:46 AM
One explanation I can think of is that your CBS is defending his teritory and trying to rid it of a competitor for food. Tube anemones will grab all the little particles of food that your CBS would love to have all to himself.

Dorkel Marine 1
09-18-2003, 06:13 AM
Thanks Deepblueaquatics. I'll watch for another week and see what goes on. Tonite all is peaceful. I gave him a hunk of fish. So he's in his cave chowin down. However I won't be doing this as a rule. Over feeding never a good thing. Tube is out and looking good.

Your suggestion does make sense.

George