PDA

View Full Version : closed loop

blueyota
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I am just trying to figure something out and before i go ahead and try it i thought i would ask ....I wana a little more flow but i dont want anymore power heads in display so im wondering if i would be able to put a small pump in my overflow and run around 500 gph and pump it over the top back into display ???
my overflow is 12"x6"x23 and running 1350 gph through it already will this cause any probs or can i get it to work

Thanks
Shawn

golf nut
12-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I am just trying to figure something out and before i go ahead and try it i thought i would ask ....I wana a little more flow but i dont want anymore power heads in display so im wondering if i would be able to put a small pump in my overflow and run around 500 gph and pump it over the top back into display ???
my overflow is 12"x6"x23 and running 1350 gph through it already will this cause any probs or can i get it to work

Thanks
Shawn

You could be asking for trouble. during a power out, depending on the level the tank falls to. when power returns the C/L pump will kick in and potentially drain the over flow box before the sump pump delivers enough water to the tank to bring the over flow back up to its normal level.

golf nut
12-31-2009, 02:40 AM
If you attach a hose to it and pull water from the DT and over the top of the Overflow then you can however hide it in there, as long as it isn't drawing water from the overflow.

blueyota
12-31-2009, 02:55 AM
Ok thats a Great idea !!!!!! thanks