PDA

View Full Version : Plexiglass glue

ickmagnet
12-30-2009, 05:57 AM
I had an "accident" after setting up my new protein skimmer that caused a bit of an explosion! Luckily, nothing cracked but the adhesive seal holding a plexiglass panel in place broke (too much water pressure). I since realized where I erred and am ready to give it another shot. The only thing I have to do first is re-glue the plexiglass panel. A product called weld-on 16 was recommended but I can't find it anywhere at any hardware store. I went to Home Depot and there were several different types of glues but I wasn't sure which one to use as an alternative. Any ideas anyone? Also, is this something that should be done by a professional and if so, can anyone recommend someone?

Chin_Lee
12-30-2009, 06:02 AM
they sell it at Plasticworks in Surrey on 132 around 80 ave. google and check their website for address

justinl
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
If you go to plastiworks, make sure you ask for a few scrap pieces to practice on. scraps should be free to very cheap. gluing acrylic isn't really hard, but you should practice first if you need it water/airtight. and look up how to do it properly online before you start too.

ickmagnet
12-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I took it to plasticworks and they are going to do it for me for $10-15 bucks! An excellent resource for aquarium enthusiasts.

Thanks again.