PDA

View Full Version : Fragalot.ca

TheKid
12-30-2009, 12:05 AM
im thinking of ordering from this companym, has anybody had any expierence with this company??:redface:

Jason McK
12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
PMed

simplycoral
12-30-2009, 12:18 AM
:canada: :frusty: :doh: :closed_2:

That was my experience....

kien
12-30-2009, 12:25 AM
If you do a search in the forums for fragalot you will find lots of people with fragalot experience :-)

saltynuts
12-30-2009, 12:35 AM
now be nice everone!!!!!!!!! 4 bad deals for me.

Canadian
12-30-2009, 01:28 AM
From the majority of reviews you'll find they suck horribly. There I said it. They're not a sponsor here. Why do we have to pussy-foot around this issue when a discussion board is intended to facilitate the exchange of information and the search function saves the information for those with similar questions?

Here's the link to the vendor forum with some reviews. Notice the number of unsatisfied reviews: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44269

Zoaelite
12-30-2009, 02:03 AM
From the majority of reviews you'll find they suck horribly. There I said it. They're not a sponsor here. Why do we have to pussy-foot around this issue when a discussion board is intended to facilitate the exchange of information and the search function saves the information for those with similar questions?

Here's the link to the vendor forum with some reviews. Notice the number of unsatisfied reviews: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44269

Canreef law :2gunfire:

(1000 posts here I come lawl)

PoonTang
12-30-2009, 02:35 AM
im thinking of ordering from this companym, has anybody had any expierence with this company??:redface:

Be afraid...be very very afraid!

BlueWorldAquatic
12-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Honestly I can say I haven't had a bad experience with Burc. I told him if he screwed up everone will know, and if he did a good job everone will know.

I have made 5 orders with him in the past totalling over $1000,and have had no REAL issues with him, except for a delay. The longest I waited was 3 weeks, but that was during the time he had his new daughter.

He even tagged on other peoples orders or replacements to my orders at times to save people money and time. A couple of Canreef people can attest to that, and I can name them personally but I won't.

You have to understand, most people will try a group order to get the free shipping. The only problem with that is EVERONE emails Burc on changes & such. Not the 1 person that organizes the group order. I can see that taxing on any vendor. Even J&L has a policy on that http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/policies.php#group, and I would too if I sold items that required group purchases.

Yes people have had bad experiences with Fragalot, but they do with all vendors at one time or another, we are not perfect.

But you know what? People with "Bad" experiences are louder than those that have had "good" ones. That is a fact of life.

My 2 cents,

Ken - BWA

Canadian
12-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Honestly I can say I haven't had a bad experience with Burc. I told him if he screwed up everone will know, and if he did a good job everone will know.

I have made 5 orders with him in the past totalling over $1000,and have had no REAL issues with him, except for a delay. The longest I waited was 3 weeks, but that was during the time he had his new daughter.

He even tagged on other peoples orders or replacements to my orders at times to save people money and time. A couple of Canreef people can attest to that, and I can name them personally but I won't.

You have to understand, most people will try a group order to get the free shipping. The only problem with that is EVERONE emails Burc on changes & such. Not the 1 person that organizes the group order. I can see that taxing on any vendor. Even J&L has a policy on that http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/policies.php#group, and I would too if I sold items that required group purchases.

Yes people have had bad experiences with Fragalot, but they do with all vendors at one time or another, we are not perfect.

But you know what? People with "Bad" experiences are louder than those that have had "good" ones. That is a fact of life.

My 2 cents,

Ken - BWA

Sure but take a good look at conscientious vendors like Greg with Coral Master and even yourself and compare the number of unsatisfied people with satisfied. The decision of who to do business with ultimately comes down to each individual but I can certainly tell you who I'll send my money to.

Kevotron
12-30-2009, 04:43 AM
People changing their minds, emailing the vendor or the vendor being too busy I can totally understand.
However that still doesn't explain.. 1. DOA frags 2. Frags that don't match the order/pictures.
I was involved in a group order (4+ ppl) yet 80% of our total order were dead or not what we expected based on the pictures.
1 or 2 guys not happy with his product can be construed as bad luck
but not when majority of members are experiencing the same thing.

parkinsn
12-30-2009, 04:52 AM
I have never ordered form this vendor, have thought about it a few times in the past though, but due to feed back I have seen on here I would be cautious. Keep in mind he used to be a vendor on Canreef and they dropped him.

This is one thread that sprang to mind. (Among others)
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55186&highlight=unresolved+issue

Millepora_Maniac
12-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Come to maple ridge and check out my corals, they look just like the pictures in my threads and they're cheap! NO Shipping required, no guess work, you come, you look, you buy, or...not:wink:! PM Me or look up my thread "More Nice Frags" I'll give a deal if you buy a bunch too. Cheers-MM:mrgreen:

Buzz
12-30-2009, 05:17 PM
I've done two orders from Burc now and he's been great to me. The first order the shipping company left the box on my step in January with out ringing the door bell needless to say they froze by the time I went outside lost everything. He sent me a whole new order no questions asked and everything showed up looking fine with a few extras. I've never done a group order through him so I can't comment on that. I'd give him an A+ for my dealing so far and I will be going back.

TheKid
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
see this is the problem i keep getting mixed reviews, some people say he do an amazing job others say he is the worst. may be ill try for my self?:neutral:

Buzz
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I would do a small order and see what happens.

BlueWorldAquatic
12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
I honestly think if you do a single order or only have 1 person deal with Burc you will have no problem.

Most want the free shipping though so you need a $250+ order.

Ken

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Group orders I think were a little overwhelming (especially the BC ones where we had at least 8 to 10 members).

My personal order, on the other hand, went through fairly smoothly. Like BWA stated, I wouldn't try a group buy (too many chances of miscommunication), but the single order is probably a safer bet.

Anthony

Fox
12-31-2009, 01:09 AM

My 2 cents,

Ken - BWA

I will step up as one of the people that have had nothing but good experience"s" with Burc!

Nebthet
12-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Parkinsn already provided a link to my thread where I have had an unresolved issue with Fragalot.

I would honestly say buyer beware. If you want to test him out.. I would suggest to make a small order over around $100.

Or better yet, look for a vendor near to you or a hobbiest near to you who frags and sells what you want and is willing to keep them in their system long enough to heal a little before you pick them up. That way you know what you are actually getting and see the quality first hand.

globaldesigns
12-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Personally I would not take a chance with any vendor that has more than just a few bad reviews. I can understand that you can't make everyone happy, but when you see the number of dissatisfied customers that Burc has, I just won't take the chance.

If you are looking for just cheap stuff then try him out... but if you want quality and good service Coral Master (Snappy/Greg) is great to deal with.

Just my 2 cents

o.c.d.
12-31-2009, 04:15 AM
Another really awful experience

GT3
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
this guy is awful to deal with, none of the corals survived, bags all leak, better yet no response from him. What good i only order $20 worth of corals plus shipping. You can see why he is removed from sponsor.

lockrookie
02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
isnt one thread open at a time with this discussion enough??? lol

GT3
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
i searched this on google thought it was recent.

lockrookie
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
no wories i just found it funny please take no offence

Aquattro
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
We really don't need 2 of these going at the same time. This one is closed.