PDA

View Full Version : Need 1" diamond drill bit, downtown Vancouver

mitchelljared
12-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I know this is a weird request, but if anyone wanted to be a good human being and had a 1" diamond drill bit for cutting glass tanks, and would want to lend it to good people for a day? A new one costs around $47 at Home Depot and we only need it to cut a few holes one time in a tank for a sump. We could rent it from someone too? Trade a frag? Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

Bryan
12-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I may have one, but I have to check the size. Will get back to you. Downtown as well.

Veng68
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
do you need a 1 inch hole? Then you need a 45mm drill head. The size of the hole actually drilled is bigger then the actual size of the pipe.

PM SeaHorse Fanatic....... he has the drill bites and a lot of experience drilling holes.

Cheers,
Vic

new but handy
12-29-2009, 11:41 PM
do you need a 1 inch hole? Then you need a 45mm drill head. The size of the hole actually drilled is bigger then the actual size of the pipe.

PM SeaHorse Fanatic....... he has the drill bites and a lot of experience drilling holes.

Cheers,
Vic

45mm is almost 2" ...that's a big hole

Bryan
12-30-2009, 01:26 AM
I may have one, but I have to check the size. Will get back to you. Downtown as well.

It's 38mm and sized to drill a hole for a 3/4" bulkkhead fitting.

Veng68
12-30-2009, 03:57 AM
45mm is almost 2" ...that's a big hole

That's the size SeaHorse Fanatic uses for the 1 inch bulkheads.

Check it out:
http://www.savko.com/portal/bulkhead.asp

Cheers,
Vic

mitchelljared
12-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Awesome information everyone....I will send Seahorse Fanatic a message...and I already sent you one, Bryan. I wonder if Seahorse Fanatic would let me pay him to drill a few holes in the tank....well guess I better ask. Thanks again....everyone's so helpful.

Mitchell

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-31-2009, 07:49 AM
When do you want your tank drilled? I picked up a brand new 1" diamond drill bit so I'm all set to drill more holes.

Anthony