PDA

View Full Version : what has happened to frozen food?

whatcaneyedo
12-28-2009, 06:21 AM
I heard rumor about a week ago that frozen fish food being imported into Canada is now being subjected to new fees and restrictions? While looking around on several online vendor's sites I see that nearly everything is listed as backordered! Could someone please tell me what is going on?

fkshiu
12-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Governmental BS. Thank god that PE mysis is a BC product.

Nobody has any frozen food except for a new shipment of frozen Cyclopeeze I saw at J&L on Boxing Day. Sounds like they had to move heaven and earth to get that in.

BlueWorldAquatic
12-28-2009, 10:28 AM
SO far it is only Hikari. From what I could find out, Canadian government wants permits and fees from each factory and warehose the products go through in Asia.

No real info on it yet.

we can get PE Mysis no problems, cyclopseez, and Sanfransico brand still through Hagen.

Ken - BWA

Leah
12-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Ocean Nutrition is another one that J&L is not getting either and that is what I fed my angel. It is a bummer to say the least.

Ryan
12-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Its all okay now guys. The big suppllier in Alberta, I beleive was Anipet, was going to stop selling it due to the new fees and contract agreements. There was a months there where they actually were telling us they werent going to sell it anymore. There was a place in BC (sorry cant bring the name to mind right now) that was selling it but it wasnt as good of a deal as we could get from our supplier here in AB. Anyway about 2 weeks ago we recieved conformation Anipet was going to stock it even with this new BS so not to worry Hikari isnt going anywhere.

hillbillyreefer
12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
The new permitting process is because of the melamine in Chinese pet and human food that was being exported. Pretty normal for government to create a bigger problem with the solution to a smaller one.

viperfish
12-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Whatever the case, I'm sure the end result will be paying more money! Maybe the Gov't needs more revenue for thier slush fund or something.

edikpok
12-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Guys - King Ed still had some of the hikari frozen food on Boxing Day - including brine shrimps.... so if someone is in need of that stuff - try them....

BUT - watch your feet when yu open their freezer - something might fall on you :)