PDA

View Full Version : FS Mantis Tank

viperfish
12-28-2009, 03:00 AM
14 Gallon Biocube w/stand
New Oceanic Skimmer
New 10K and Actinic Bulbs (Used 1 month)
Pump upgraded to MJ 1200 w/Loc Line
4" Female Peacock Mantis

Just too much work with my 90 and 180. I had to choose one to part with. It was a tough decision, the Mantis makes the best pet, she has quite a personality, not to mention I just spent over $200 on lights, skimmer, and pump. I have covered the bottom with acrylic so she couldn't crack the glass. She is very even tempered, I have had a six line Wrasse in with her for the last three months with no problem. I am also including the live rock with the tank.

Price $280

viperfish
12-28-2009, 05:07 AM
I also have a brand new 20 Long which I had planned to eventually house the mantis. The tank is 30 x 12 x 12. I will throw it in with the Biocube.

s.tan
12-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Great deal! My female peacock never ceases to entertain and I just picked up an empty stock 14 gallon biocube and stand for $250. Wasn't thinking of housing her in it but now.....hmm. If I was closer I might even be interested in a matched set! LOL! Anyways, free BUMP! Good luck on the sale. Someone should snap this up!:mrgreen:

viperfish
12-28-2009, 03:54 PM
I set the tank up with deep sand, one large piece of LR and a whole bunch of large LR rubble. She has built tunnels underneath the large LR and used the smaller pieces to build up the entrace to the tunnels so the sand doesn't slide in, and to cover the hole if need be. The most impressive thing is the intricacy she has used to put everything together. My Wife and I joke about it calling her a little Engineer! The really amazing thing is she lets the Six Line Wrasse swim in the tunnels and doesn't bother him at all.

viperfish
12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
bump

viperfish
12-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Still Available