PDA

View Full Version : Osaka 155 Reef

Kevin M
12-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi, I just joined this forum and thought I'd post my reef. I started my reef on October 1st. Osaka 155 (41 Gallon) with Fluval 205 (wish I drilled and got a sump though)

My lighting is a 250w Metal Halide + Dual HO t5's when I fix them.

Damn this algae.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/KevinMcRae/Fish/DSC03106.jpg

Livestock -
Yellow Tang
Pair of Tomato Clowns
Midas Blenny
Yellow Watchmen Goby
Bunch of hermits
Coral Banded Shrimp

Bunch of corals and a green bubble tipped anemone.

More pics to come.

JDigital
12-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Aside from the Tang, the tank looks cool..

Your algae problem might have something to do with how many fish you got vs quality of filtration.

Kevin M
12-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Maybe. He seems to be happy. Not shy at all and eats from my hand. I'm not too worried about it at the moment.

As for the algae it has been there before fish were even in the tank. In person the tank looks a lot more clean, aside from the left hand side wish I never use the magnet on. 5 gallon water changes per week.

Skimmerking
12-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Just remember Kevin Alot can happen fast in a 41 gal tank. and that tang can put a huge Bio load in your tank. Might be adding to your nutrient problem. tank looking good thou. some great looking corals in there to.

What skimmer are you running?
How much are you feeding too

where are u in MB

Kevin M
12-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Just remember Kevin Alot can happen fast in a 41 gal tank. and that tang can put a huge Bio load in your tank. Might be adding to your nutrient problem. tank looking good thou. some great looking corals in there to.

What skimmer are you running?
How much are you feeding too

where are u in MB

Yeah for sure. I've been debating trading him for awhile actually. Get some bangaii cardinals instead. ;)

I'm just outside Winnipeg. I saw that you are arty out in Shilo. I'm a mobum combat engineer in Winnipeg here. Hopefully be 1 CER by the end of 2010.

JDigital
12-27-2009, 11:44 PM
As for the algae it has been there before fish were even in the tank. In person the tank looks a lot more clean, aside from the left hand side wish I never use the magnet on. 5 gallon water changes per week.

The algae is just part of having a new tank... but will get harder to combat with the bio-load that the tang can poop out.

Skimmerking
12-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah for sure. I've been debating trading him for awhile actually. Get some bangaii cardinals instead. ;)

I'm just outside Winnipeg. I saw that you are arty out in Shilo. I'm a mobum combat engineer in Winnipeg here. Hopefully be 1 CER by the end of 2010.

right on Bangi cardinals are great. CHIMO u will understand that if you dont already know what that means....... when you go to 1 CER if you are ever out by brandon look me up

Kevin M
12-28-2009, 09:00 PM
So today I took my tang to a new home. :( Took about 1 hour to catch, haha.

Now to decided if I want 2 bangaii's or a flame angel, hmm.

right on Bangi cardinals are great. CHIMO u will understand that if you dont already know what that means....... when you go to 1 CER if you are ever out by brandon look me up

Chimo! Yes it is a commonly heard word if you are around engineers as you know ;)

I'm trying to get on a tour so I can just switch right over when I'm done the tour. Hopefully I get a position on 1/11 or I'm screwed for a tour haha.

workn2hard2day
12-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I have the same tank & I am using a overflow box. I do not think drilling this tank is an option. The overlow has given me the option to have a sump running with all my equipment in it.

Skimmerking
12-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Db crap

Skimmerking
12-28-2009, 09:30 PM
So today I took my tang to a new home. :( Took about 1 hour to catch, haha.

Now to decided if I want 2 bangaii's or a flame angel, hmm.

Chimo! Yes it is a commonly heard word if you are around engineers as you know ;)

I'm trying to get on a tour so I can just switch right over when I'm done the tour. Hopefully I get a position on 1/11 or I'm screwed for a tour haha.

get both them the cardinals and the flame