PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Skimmer Impeller

cwatkins
12-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi All,

The shaft on my Vertex skimmer seized up yesterday. It must have been one of those defective Generation-1 impellers that you see mentioned on other forums.

Does anyone know of a local source for these parts? I know JL sells vertex, but I don't see impellers listed in their inventory.

It's the Vertex IN-100 model.

Any adivce would be appreciated. If all else fails, I can order online from the US to my US P.O. box.

Thanks.
Cody

Bryan
12-25-2009, 01:15 AM
They used to have them on stock for warranty purposes. the distributor is in Richmond, so should be easy to source. How did you stand the noise. When the defective shaft would wear it sounded like a train !!

cwatkins
12-25-2009, 04:21 AM
They used to have them on stock for warranty purposes. the distributor is in Richmond, so should be easy to source. How did you stand the noise. When the defective shaft would wear it sounded like a train !!

Ok, I did email Jeff. Hopefully he'll get back to me. Wonder if he'll be able to help with warranty. I don't have an original receipt showing date of purchase, I'll see.

It actually didn't sound bad for the few days I was running it. But that morning it was making a racket, so I turned it off for a minute and turned it back on and it sounded ok. But when I got home from work, it was seized.

workn2hard2day
12-25-2009, 04:55 AM
I have the IN-80 (1 1/2 month old) the impellor on mine was not sitting in the rubber cups properly and has worn unevenly, leaving a residue in the hole it sits in. I emailed Jeff and he said that they sell them as an assembly $34.95. I hope this helps.