PDA

View Full Version : LF 3/8" Glass to build overflow or Damage tank(Edmonton)

thanhjenn
12-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Please pm me if you have some sitting around and what you are asking for it. Or if anyone can tell me where I can get it for cheap in edmonton.

thanks

thanhjenn
12-25-2009, 05:40 AM
ttt

Dez
12-25-2009, 04:45 PM
If it's just an overflow you could consider 3/8". There isn't much pressure on overflows. Just from my experience. I have a large external overflow and it's just done out of 3/8". It might be easier to find and easier to cut by yourself.

thanhjenn
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
If it's just an overflow you could consider 3/8". There isn't much pressure on overflows. Just from my experience. I have a large external overflow and it's just done out of 3/8". It might be easier to find and easier to cut by yourself.

Where did you yet the glass from or do you have any left? what is the approx size of your?

Dez
12-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I just posted around like you did to find the 3/8" glass. I might have a little bit left. Not sure how big the overflow box is but definitely bigger than 8 1/2 x 11. (I'm not in town so I can't measure). Check out my build thread, there are pictures and that will give you an idea of the size.

thanhjenn
12-25-2009, 11:31 PM
thanks dez

thanhjenn
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
^^^^

Dez
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey Thanh,

I'm not sure if Architectural Clearing house still exists. I used to get all my glass from there to cut up for projects like this. But this was a few years ago. There's a place called Re-store as well I think - it's just recycled building material. Check in the yellow pages for recycled building materials. I would just call around glass shops for scraps if you are going to cut it yourself anyway. I got tons of scrap acrylic when I was building skimmers and stuff from acrylic shops. A lot of times it was free.

Just a though since you've been looking for a while.

Des

thanhjenn
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks Dez, i will check it out.

Hey Thanh,

I'm not sure if Architectural Clearing house still exists. I used to get all my glass from there to cut up for projects like this. But this was a few years ago. There's a place called Re-store as well I think - it's just recycled building material. Check in the yellow pages for recycled building materials. I would just call around glass shops for scraps if you are going to cut it yourself anyway. I got tons of scrap acrylic when I was building skimmers and stuff from acrylic shops. A lot of times it was free.

Just a though since you've been looking for a while.

Des