PDA

View Full Version : Bicolour blenny nipping at SPS frags...

Quinn
09-15-2003, 11:31 PM
So as so many predicted, he's at it. I caught him today creating bald spots on some lovely little frags I have. They are not dead but I am worried they will be. I suppose I have three options: relegate him to the sump; sell him; leave him and hope he gets tired of the corals or the corals are able to make it through. Any suggestions? If anyone wants him I would probably be willing to sell him, make an offer.

dekay
09-15-2003, 11:46 PM
kinda hard selling a nipping blenny. throw him in the dungeon.

Canadian Man
09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
kinda hard selling a nipping blenny. throw him in the dungeon. :evil: That's his fate :evil:

Unless anyone has a fo tank for him or of course no fuzzy sticks.

Quinn
09-15-2003, 11:50 PM
I hear ya. I'll just wait and see what happens for now. Might be forced to sump him for now until I can set up a nano for him.

christyf5
09-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Strange, I haven't had any problems with my bicolor blenny at all. Now my clown goby, thats another story :rolleyes:

How big is he? You should send him to Debs little farm with the mud slinger. :razz:

Quinn
09-16-2003, 01:04 AM
About 2.5" long.

EmilyB
09-16-2003, 01:16 AM
There's no sps here to worry about, so I'm sure I could find a spot for it. :wink:

kuatto
09-16-2003, 01:24 AM
Do you think he would play nice with my lion :grab: :razz:

just kidding,wish i could take him,but the only tank i could put him in that he wouldnt be eaten has just lr and no sand :sad:

Quinn
09-16-2003, 01:45 AM
kuatto, Dez kept a bicolour blenny with a volitan for a while... probably not a good idea though.

Deb, I'll keep him for now and we'll see what happens. Otherwise I'll send him your way.

Dorkel Marine 1
09-17-2003, 10:13 AM
The only time my bicolor nipps is when he's seemingly taking algae off of the corals. The base of my Christmas tree coral at times gets a reddish brown film. Doesn't take long and Mr Blenny has it all cleaned off. It does appear though that he's nipping. However the coral is about 4" high. Not that big though. Other than that he leaves most corals alone. Except once when he seemed to have a central hole he liked to sit in. Every time I would put a frag near this hole he'd knock it off. He seemed to not want anything obstructing his view. After I moved it he left it alone. That happened a few times until I respected his lookout post or central hole. Thats been my experience with Mr. Blenny. Hope it helps.

George