PDA

View Full Version : LF 1Ghz+ bare computer tower.

banditpowdercoat
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
I want to upgrade my CNC Milling machine's computer. I am presently running a DOS based program, on a P 200Mhz slow as molassas computer haha. The software I want to run, is windows based, but needs a MIN 1Ghz Processor. I just need the tower. HDD would be nice too, but don't need monitor, keyboard, none of that crap. It has to have a Parallel Printer Port too. Pretty much all new comps I have seen lately have gone away from the Parallel port, USB only :(.

So, I'd figure I'd see if any Canreefers have any old towers taking up space in their closet's? Could use 2 comps if have them,. The wife's little computer is a 200Mhz too, She would love it if facebook didn't crash it HAHAHAHA

Let me know what you've got and how much, the cheaper the better, wink wink :D

BMW Rider
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I have an old one sitting in my garage that was going to become my shop computer. I never did get it set up, then I upgraded again and moved the new-old one out there and set it up instead.

I'd have to pull it out and check the specs on it, plus I think it needs a video card. You can have it as its likely headed for the recycling drop otherwise. Not sure though how best to get it to you without incurring costs beyond its worth.

bvlester
12-22-2009, 06:52 PM
I have one kicking around here you can have cheep a frag or 2 would do has a hard drive and everything in case. there is a few you can take your pick let me know when you are comming through Kamloops. I could ship it but that would cost quite a bit.

Bill

banditpowdercoat
12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Thx Bill, Don;t really have anything to frag yet. Wana big green Ric??