PDA

View Full Version : L/F used skimmer

tgoeujon
12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
who has what? i need something for a 55 gallon with no sump so it needs to be a HOB. seller must be willing to ship if not in kamloops, as i live too far out in the middle of nowhere. ship collect of course:biggrin:

wolf_bluejay
12-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Pm'ed

banditpowdercoat
12-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Trevor, I got the Aqua C Urchin skimmer on my 45g. Works good, could use a bigger pump, running an Ehiem 1048. Also got a bunch of liverock if your interested. Still lookin to shut the tank down.

gobytron
12-22-2009, 05:03 PM
I have a prizm pro HOB.
I'd sell it for 60$

pm if you like.

GTP Guy
12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I have a just broken in ETSS sump buddy 40 in kamloops right now, don't know what you're willing to spend ... but it's an option

PM me if you're interested

tgoeujon
12-23-2009, 04:53 AM
im not running a sump on this tank but thanks anyway:biggrin:

GTP Guy
12-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I happen to have an acrylic sum/fuge as well ;)

tgoeujon
12-23-2009, 07:39 PM
unfortunately its not a drillable tank or id take you up on that, plus the wife said no overflow lol. too much chance of problems

GTP Guy
12-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Alright, cool .. there is a possibility of problems ... good luck with your search

Millepora_Maniac
12-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I've owned many hang on the back skimmers. I tried the prizm pro, the coralife 250, and the remora aqua-c. I had the best results with the remora; however, recently I've seen a Deltec hang on skimmer and it was working really good. I didn't have muck luck with any of the hang on types. I would always recommend getting a sump, it opens up way more possibilities for your skimmer. Good luck!

gobytron
12-23-2009, 10:05 PM
HOB by design just can't compare to in sump...
The space allowances for design makes the comparison unfair.
For an application where you just want or just need a HOB they can do a fair job.

When I first got into reefing I used to only have sumpless tanks and my experience is primarily with red sea and remora/cpr brands all of which did an adequate job for my expectations.

I have heard extremely good things about the deltec HOB, so if you have the dough I don't think it will take much research to see what I'm talking about.

If not, all the other major brands work to some degree though generally you get what you pay for...

just an IMO/IME here, I've never had a drilled tank, only ever had a hob overflow.
I love how little real estate they take up in your tank and how adjustable they are to make for exceptional flow/turnover.

I have NEVER had a flood or a malfunction that I would blame on my overflow being a HOB.
You definitely need to set them up properly but I've had up to 48 hours of power outages without my siphon EVER breaking.

bvlester
03-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Rae you still looking for a HOB?
I may have one comming up in a short while. a Romara C hardly used.

Bill

Interior_Reef
03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Trevor,

I will Give you a Prizm HOB with the Seahorses nextweek if you like...

lngrhaul
03-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I have a nice Remora c with maxijet pump. worked great for my 55. Asking $80.00. would ship.