PDA

View Full Version : carpet anemone

irnwkr
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Is it safe to have 2 carpet anemones in one 125g tank?

karazy
12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
yes you can. you will want to make sure that they are both in perfect health though, because if one stressed out anemone is bad for a tank, you can imagine what two could do.

Reef_kid
12-20-2009, 11:22 PM
yes it is possible, however maintain really good flow with carpet anemone. They are from shallow tidal zones. And require really good light, and a tidal like current. (they seem to do the best in tanks that have some sort of wave action. ) i kept my large S. gigantea carpet for many years using a zoomed power sweep it provided a stimulated tidal surge.
these anemones also require clowns for nutrition. not only do the fish feed the anemone with leftover particles, ammonium is also absorbed by symbiotic bacteria within the anemone.
keep carbon on hand with these species, they often will breed in the aquarium causing it to go white, and require water change and heavy filtration.

irnwkr
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I've had a purple carpet for over a year now and he's doing great. Water perameters are good and stable, water movement is excelent I'm more worried about them coming into contact with each other. Would this pose a problem?

Delphinus
12-21-2009, 05:15 AM
No problem keeping multiple carpets together, with all the caveats already stated.